Evening Vibe on NCL...Getaway Specifically

Jules215

I am very interested in the nighttime/entertainment vibe on NCL ships, and especially on the Getaway.

As far as my partner is concerned the best cruise we ever took was a 3 day on RC's Majesty...Bars filled at night, great deck party, etc...And I have to agree with him...3yrs ago we took a 7 day on CC's Liberty and with a few exceptions the evenings were pretty dead, i.e. hardly anyone in the dance club or piano bar and lido deck quiet...My partner expects more atmosphere at night than I do, but even I found it "bleh".

I realize that 3/4 day cruises are consider more party cruises, ( and I know we could b2b on a smaller ship) but we like the idea of a 7 day on a new/larger ship, IF we can find one that doesn't roll up the rug at 9pm...I've done a little reading and it would seem that maybe NCL might be the perfect combo, but am interested in opinions.

We're "young" late 40's/early 50's and mainly cruise to relax/chill in the daytime and have a few drinks/fun/laughs at night.

(If this cruise turns out to be a dud, it will probably be our last...My partner is a smoker and I figured that our cruising days were done, but he's told me he can cope with the smoking restrictions if the vibe on the ship is good.)

Thanks for any and all thoughts!!

I have cruised about 6 times on DCL, once on Princess and in previous years on Jade and Epic. I found all to be various shades of dead at night. Disney the worst with sometimes being the only soul in a bar. Just off the Breakaway a few weeks ago and it was a whole different scene. Every night was pure energy. Every venue and bar was crowded even on port nights. Every party well- attended. Night clubs going until wee hours of the morning. So, that doesn't answer your Getaway question but hopefully it has a similar vibe.

Thank-you and yes it does help...At the least I know it's possible for there to be life after dark on a ship!! :) Perhaps being similar ships it would be the same...Or maybe we should consider sailing out of NY instead. :)

Edited by Jules215