Nickelodeon character breakfast?

rc1973

I just booked a cruise on the Gem in June 2015. I know that we have plenty of time to plan, but I am wondering when I can reserve seats at the character breakfast? Is it 90 days in advance, like with other reservations? Do I need to call Norwegian or can I do it online? Thanks.

I just booked a cruise on the Gem in June 2015. I know that we have plenty of time to plan, but I am wondering when I can reserve seats at the character breakfast? Is it 90 days in advance, like with other reservations? Do I need to call Norwegian or can I do it online? Thanks.

Do it on board no need to do it early I don't think you can until you board

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks, Mr Robberts.

And, toby517, the Nickelodeon activities are open to everyone. But, I know that there is an additional charge for the breakfast. Though, there are other Nickelodeon activities that are included with the cost of your cruise.

Kids love the breakfast, so go for them! The smiles on their precious faces are priceless .... however I would eat my own breakfast first before going to the nickelodeon breakfast ... the food is cold and disgusting.

This is so true! Took my grandchildren who at the time were 3 & 6 & 12. My daughters thought it would be great for the kids. However, the food was disgusting & cold. They served cold pancakes with colored things - maybe M & M's in it, donuts, cookies, etc, no juice, & luke warm coffee for the adults.

We paid a fortune for the breakfast & the picture that was supposed to be part of the package. They took our money for the 12 year old but when we went to get the picture we were told she was too old & couldn't have it. We complained & were sent to Guest Relations who said they have nothing to do with the photo studio's policies! What? Are they kidding? Needless to say we never got the photo but we did get a disgusting breakfast. So if you go, eat first & remember the fortune you are paying is not for the food. Its just to meet the characters, get some trinkets & a photo! If your not to old when you get to the photo studio you should get a photo!

Good luck! would NEVER do that again! You can meet the characters throughout the cruise & not have to pay for it.

This is so true! Took my grandchildren who at the time were 3 & 6 & 12. My daughters thought it would be great for the kids. However, the food was disgusting & cold. They served cold pancakes with colored things - maybe M & M's in it, donuts, cookies, etc, no juice, & luke warm coffee for the adults.

We paid a fortune for the breakfast & the picture that was supposed to be part of the package. They took our money for the 12 year old but when we went to get the picture we were told she was too old & couldn't have it. We complained & were sent to Guest Relations who said they have nothing to do with the photo studio's policies! What? Are they kidding? Needless to say we never got the photo but we did get a disgusting breakfast. So if you go, eat first & remember the fortune you are paying is not for the food. Its just to meet the characters, get some trinkets & a photo! If your not to old when you get to the photo studio you should get a photo!

Good luck! would NEVER do that again! You can meet the characters throughout the cruise & not have to pay for it.

Wow your grand kids are lucky. Stop complaining and remember the time spent with them they will remember it for ever did the food stink yes was it corny yes but the kids love it.

Edited by Mr Robberts

Wow your grand kids are lucky. Stop complaining and remember the time spent with them they will remember it for ever did the food stink yes was it corny yes but the kids love it.

Not complaining just stating a fact! What was offered wasn't editable & to have to pay for it was a disgrace.

And they remembered it alright! We are doing a family Sweet 16 in August & when they heard it was going to be a cruise they wanted to know if we are going on the ship with the terrible food! That cruise was two years ago! Fortunately my 16 year old granddaughter chose a much better cruise line for her family cruise.

Not complaining just stating a fact! What was offered wasn't editable & to have to pay for it was a disgrace.

And they remembered it alright! We are doing a family Sweet 16 in August & when they heard it was going to be a cruise they wanted to know if we are going on the ship with the terrible food! That cruise was two years ago! Fortunately my 16 year old granddaughter chose a much better cruise line for her family cruise.

Wow you don't see it so I will not get into it. The food may not have been eatable to you and your grand children's sophisticated pallets but to most children ages two threw around ten that sugar fest is jut what the love. Enjoy your family cruise.

My kids, 3 and 5, didn't care much for the character breakfast. Better opportunities to meet the characters and as others have said the food was not very good. One thing I will likely not do again. Some other kids seemed to really enjoy it so for me it was worth trying, but won't do it again.

I will say the first time we did it was on the jewel it was in the small dining room and we had a pretty good sit down breakfast and the characters came to you. Then the last two times on the gem are what is described above. I just figure it's the kids vacation also and they deserve some fun.

My kids, 3 and 5, didn't care much for the character breakfast. Better opportunities to meet the characters and as others have said the food was not very good. One thing I will likely not do again. Some other kids seemed to really enjoy it so for me it was worth trying, but won't do it again.

We were considering this on our next cruise. What is the cost for the character breakfast?

Kinda sounds like the Disney character meals at Disney World. We did Chef Mickey's Dinner and I did not care much for the food either. We might have to flip a coin...LOL

I just came back from the GEM pn 7/19. I took my 2 children (Age 6 & 3) to this event & I really wish I didn't. It was not worth the $20 per person ($80.00 total for our family of 4).

The breakfast was disgusting. I was expecting a buffet spread but instead there was a small table with cupcakes, cookies & Jello, and another table with Pancakes sprayed with food dye. Cold waffles, and french toast sticks - again, covered in different colored food dye. We ended up not eating a thing. It was not at all crowded, (You wont have trouble booking on board). There are plenty of other opportunities for character meet & greets. Save your money on this. So not worth it.

I attended the Nick breakfast the week of 7/5 on the Gem and my son loved it! Only me and my son went as my older one wasn't interested. Yeah, the good wasn't the best but it was geared towards the kids. The photo ops, small gifts and the chance to participate in the show made it worth it for my son. Good luck! Enjoy the Gem! We loved this cruise!

We had a similar experience including no photo except the ones we took.