Rant - "too many kids on board"

Altho on Grandeur of the Seas-RCI there was no life guard at the pool, they always had an employee standing right next to it alongside the hot tubs. The employee had a whistle and didn't hesitate to blow it a number of times at kids that were getting too rowdy. It was effective.

All children should be taught to have respect for their surroundings and not to abuse the facilities they're using. While it should be common sense, maybe it isn't to some parents.

Edited by TheDivineMrsM

You are complaining about 'kids' on board -- yet you NEED 'kids on board' because you write: "We do cruise with our son - always have and always will take him. We home school and usually cruise during the off season. I am always hoping there are lots of kids on board so he won't be alone."

You can't have it both ways....if you cruise during a time, when very few kids are on board (because you home school and don't have to worry about taking you son out of school) then he may not have many his age to be with......and you will have a different problem.

PSSSTTT! Re-read the thread. OP wasn't complaining...just saying.

I've been on a short weekend cruise with my (adult) )daughter which had a ton of kids on it. The only way we could even tell how many was by seeing them all in the queue to get off the ship at the end. Aside from that, and the one little pirate parade at dinner one night, we were barely aware of them. And there were so many babies in the debarkation queue that we almost thought they must have been born on board or adopted in Nassau.

I suppose if we had looked harder we might have noticed them previously, but they weren't our kids so they barely registered.

Personally, I think some people go looking for trouble (kids, drunks, whatever). Look hard enough, you'll find it. I prefer to remain blissfully ignorant to things that might bug me.

Edited by srlafleur

Parents are on a cruise for a break too and the kids club is a great experience for the kids

Mine would drag me there to sign them in straight away on boarding they loved it so much

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree. I think the kids clubs are great, and as they get older its a fab way for them all to meet each other.

My biggest pet hate isn't the kids, it is the adults drinking alcohol and then getting in the pool....

That's because the restrooms are too far away...

I have only been on a handful of cruises, but cannot really recall anyone that has annoyed me enough to worry about it.

i have no complaints about kids onboard.. mine were on their first cruise this year, and I never saw them, they were in the kids club the whole time.

When I was onboard, all I can complain about is kids in the solarium pool, which ONLY seems to happen on the cruising days... pool outside gets too full so parents bring kids into the solarium where the adults tend to take their drinking parties. I just avoid the outside pool, then there isnt an issue. There were tons of kids on Vision a few weeks ago with us, and our kids, and I think its also due to the bogo offer. All in all, if I saw a kid situation, i walked away.

Cruises with to many kids are much more fun then cruises with to many whiny seniors. With kids you have active parents around the ship contributing to the fun with seniors you have clogged halls piss and moan attitudes that everyone is rushing them. That is until it's time to disembark all of a sudden they all move like gazelles to exit. Love kids dislike seniors.

lol!! All gazellas to the exit ramp!! :D Thanks for the great visual

I do try to understand both sides of the coin. My husband and I have always vacationed with our children. When we vacation we never assumed the position to just let our kids do what they wanted at the expense of others. I guess it all depends on what those kids are being taught.