2 ?'s about Mercury's Penthouse deck

Our first Celebrity cruise is 1/7/05 and we have booked CC 1067.

1)Has anyone stayed in this room or on the penthouse deck and experienced noise from the resort deck? We appear to be under tables in the Cafe, not sure if that's good or bad??

2)Could someone explain the overhang deal on the balcony to me? It is hard to picture and I am not sure if it will be a good or bad thing. Does it actually obstruct your view in any way?

Thanks!

I've stayed on the penthouse deck of Mercury's sister ship, Galaxy, under the cafe. Noise was not a problem--the cafe is carpeted, so any noise is muffled. Not sure about the exact location of your cabin, but I've never read about noise problems on this deck.

Regarding the overhang, it's not nearly as bad as the overhang on the M-class ships' 9th deck. It extends beyond the balcony, but not nearly as far. You don't get much direct sun, but it has a finished look with built in lights so it feels more like a protective roof instead of an ugly overhang. It also gives you privacy and protection from the elements.

Archived