Bella Perlina

Vitamin_Sea

Bought my lady one of those pandora style bracelets last week on Splendor.

I think I got a defective one. The lock had a problem then the charms started to peel within 3 days of wearing it. So, I guess we will return it.

:(Anyone else have any problems with these bracelets?

Bought my lady one of those pandora style bracelets last week on Splendor.

I think I got a defective one. The lock had a problem then the charms started to peel within 3 days of wearing it. So, I guess we will return it.

:(Anyone else have any problems with these bracelets?

I have two of them and they both fell apart.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have two of them and they both fell apart.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

there is a 1 yr warranty.

contact ccl if you need the receipt

**The name of the company is Starboard cruise service. They supply most of the cruise lines with product.

Edited by limoguy1

I didn't keep the receipts on mine, and I ended up throwing mine away 6 months after our cruise. Half the charms peeled or turned black. I should know better than to buy jewelry on a cruise ship. :(

CCL could have provided you the receipt, no problem.

But I agree, the stuff is not great. It is just costume jewelry.

Are you really surprised? The charms are no different than the gold by the inch.

Inexpensive glitter! You are not going to get Pandora quality for next to nothing...

Remember- if it sounds too good to be true......

Edited by maxydu

I think the jewelry is junk. People go nuts for those bracelets and the "gold by the inch", which is not gold at all. I did buy a Bulova watch for $165 and it is awesome! I bought a MK watch for $200 but didn't like the size so gave it to my niece. I just wouldn't buy the "cheaper" stuff at all.

I have 6 of them from previous cruises and have never had a problem. I love them and as long as you purchase with the mindset that they are costume jewelry then you can still enjoy your purchase.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

Are you really surprised? The charms are no different than the gold by the inch.

Inexpensive glitter! You are not going to get Pandora quality for next to nothing...

Remember- if it sounds too good to be true......

We were Not expecting Pandora quality. My lady has 2 Pandora bracelets nearly full.

I just expected the thing to last more then 3 days before going to crap.

I'm one of the lucky ones. I have 5, 2 are over 2yrs old and still sparkling and the other 3 are a little over a year old and they too are fine. I enjoy the "sale" they have and I do know it is costume jewelry, so when I paid $20 (or less), I didn't expect the crown jewels. I also agree that you want your purchase to last longer than 3 days. That would have ticked me off also.

NOW a friend who cruised with us bought 5 and she said 3 of them have fallen apart!

Maybe it depends on the "batch" that a ship gets from the manufacturer?

I'm one of the lucky ones. I have 5, 2 are over 2yrs old and still sparkling and the other 3 are a little over a year old and they too are fine. I enjoy the "sale" they have and I do know it is costume jewelry, so when I paid $20 (or less), I didn't expect the crown jewels. I also agree that you want your purchase to last longer than 3 days. That would have ticked me off also.

NOW a friend who cruised with us bought 5 and she said 3 of them have fallen apart!

Maybe it depends on the "batch" that a ship gets from the manufacturer?

Yes, there are mixed reviews about the bracelets. Some folks got lucky.

I contacted Starboard cruise services today and they did admit that sometimes there are problems with them.

The one year warranty does exist. So were not stuck with it.

I agree most of the jewelry is junkola, including the Bella Perlina stuff. Even if it's half-way decent, you can get a much better price on eBay for the same type of thing.

The only exception I have found is a) Citizen Eco-Drive watches - I did some online research before springing and their sale prices are worth it. b) a new jewelry brand by the name of Shablool, it's a little different that the usual generic clone jewelry they sell and the sale prices are decent. And no I don't work for them! :)

http://www.shablool.com/

• 2 years later...

My daughter and I both purchased a Bella Perlina triple bracelet set on the Brilliance other week. Both of them have tarnished. My daughters wrist has gone green.

Cant return them, so will learn from our mistakes and not bother if we go again.

Must admit we are very disappointed with the quality. Told it was silver, but obviously not!

I have a few that were purchased years ago and mine are still in perfect condition. I have pandora and chamilia bracelets and charms also and they are all interchangeable and you can't tell the difference between any of them!

OP, sorry yours sucked.