Quantum pre cruise 2 night stay

retiredawacs

DW & I are booked on the Quantum Feb 13, 2015. Flying in and out of Newark. We are thinking of flying in on Wednesday. Would like to catch a couple of shows and see the sights in NYC, mainly Time Square area, etc. We are open to using public transportation to get around or renting a car if needed.

*Where should we stay?

*Doesn't have to be in NYC as long as public transportation is close by.

*Easy to get to on Friday morning of cruise departure

All thoughts, suggestions and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Eric

DW & I are booked on the Quantum Feb 13, 2015. Flying in and out of Newark. We are thinking of flying in on Wednesday. Would like to catch a couple of shows and see the sights in NYC, mainly Time Square area, etc. We are open to using public transportation to get around or renting a car if needed.

*Where should we stay?

Thanks

Eric

What's your hotel budget? That is going to determine where it is realistic for you to stay.

It takes about an hour to get from Newark Airport hotels into Manhattan and costs $25/pp+ round trip, so one strategy is to spend more money on a hotel to get better transportation options at less money.

Your dates are weekday nights, so hotels will be mor expensive.

Edited by 138east

What's your hotel budget? That is going to determine where it is realistic for you to stay.

It takes about an hour to get from Newark Airport hotels into Manhattan and costs $25/pp+ round trip, so one strategy is to spend more money on a hotel to get better transportation options at less money.

Your dates are weekday nights, so hotels will be mor expensive.

138east...thanks for the quick response. What should we budget? $250ish per night?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Looking around a bit more I am seeing better deals for prepaid Manhattan hotels than I am for hotels in Newark and Jersey City when you factor in the time and transportation costs of staying outside NYC. If your budget permits, we always recommend staying in Manhattan if you want to do things in Manhattan for more than one day,

There are several good deals around $200 on Hotwire for 4*+ centrally located hotels with very high approval ratings. However, the deals are available right now and will not last, so he who hesitates is lost.

To keep costs down, you can take the airport bus to NYC for $16/pp. Public transit is available to get to Cape Liberty if you can manage your luggage. Keep in mind that there is a possibility of snow in the middle of Feb and it will be cold.

Edited by 138east

We would like to see a couple sites but after last winter record snow storms

I am not sure we want to leave the hotel after we get to N.J. hotel. We are not even crazy about leaving out of N.J. in the winter in the first place. Wish it was Fla. So it is going to be interesting to hear from everyone when they finally get to go on the Quantum.

I want to know just how and what are going to be the hassles to get to the pier. In the cold and snow. I hope the new pier will be in play when we get there. And worrying about getting out of Detroit then going to another

airport that could also have a snow storm . Just get me on the ship on time.

We are staying at the embassy Suites Elizabeth Newark Airport

908-558-0752. $216.00 could cost more since it is closer to the date.

AAA rate

Have you ever been in N.Y.? There is no way I would ever rent a car to see the sites in N.Y. Driving that traffic and then try finding a $50. parking place would make me say no way.Some hotels charge guest to park in their garages.That is why I like going to Vegas. We rent there. Chicago forget it.

*Where should we stay?

Thanks

Eric