Lock your luggage?

vacati0n

Do NOT use TSA locks unless your flights are totally within the US. I've had my luggage badly damaged by security agents in non-US airports. I wish they had simply cut off the locks. It's much easier to replace a lock than to repair torn zippers. Looks like a gorilla used a crowbar to open them!

Only U.S. TSA agents can open TSA locks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Aaah, now THAT makes more sense, thank-you! Our flights are not totally within the US. We fly from our home town to London, then on to Miami. I think I'll stick with my usual luggage locks and hope for the best! I've been reading LOTS of articles about just what you are saying here.......the damage done to actual suitcases being worse than if they'd actually cut off the locks! We always lock our checked bags....and NO, we DON'T have anything of any value in there, apart from clothes and shoes of course! ;)

As GrabMyWrist said, locks are for honest people.

Baggage locks really don't give you much security at all. Any bag with one of the common plastic coil zippers can be opened using a ballpoint pen in seconds -- regardless of what type of lock it has on it:

Bottom line: if it's valuable, carry it with you, when cruising or otherwise.