Pirate Night on Carnival ships?

windan

A while ago someone on our roll call mentioned on the Carnival cruise forum that Carnival was going start having a Pirate Night on their ships starting in September. I have not seen or heard anything since. Has anyone heard about it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A while ago someone on our roll call mentioned on the Carnival cruise forum that Carnival was going start having a Pirate Night on their ships starting in September. I have not seen or heard anything since. Has anyone heard about it?

From John Heald's blog on 15 July:

Barbara Thompson asks:

Dear John: I have heard that Carnival is starting a pirate night on cruises in September. My question is will it be on our Carnival Dream cruise. We cruise Aug 31, so I am not sure if we would have this event. I just wanted to know so I can plan accordingly. Love Carnival!

John says:

Hello Barbara Thompson

Yes, indeed, we are going to be having a pirate night and details and dates will be released soon. It should be lots of fun and I hope you get to do it on your cruise. I will of course keep you informed. Have a brilliant cruise and please let me know if you need anything. Best wishes.

John

Would love to know what this entails as we have a September cruise booked. Do we need to bring costumes or something? :confused:

My son is hoping that there is one. He does an impersonation of Capt Jack Sparrow and wants to bring his costume :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On July 30th, on another site, John Heald said "Pirate Day will be celebrated on the Carnival ships on September 19th. I will have full details in the next few days on one of my blogs but if successful we will include this more often and make many more days……..Pirate days."

September 19th is International Talk Like A Pirate Day so one could assume that this is what John is talking about but he did end with the part about "if successful...".

On July 30, JH posted that Pirate Day will be celebrated on the Carnival ships on September 19th (International Talk like a Pirate Day). He promised full details in a few days on one of his blogs. He stated that if successful Carnival will include this more often.

Wonder if they will give out bandanas like Disney does on their Pirate Nights.