Wine on Princess

Bustersmom

Anybody have experience bringing boxed wine onboard?[/Q

I'm asking the question only to determine how they "count" a box. We have found several of the boxed wines to actually be quite acceptable and you don't have to be concerned with a possible broken bottle.

Also, wondering how a 1 litre tetra pack wine would be "counted", since it would be 250ml over the free allowance.

However I'm not sure my husband would want to walk to the restaurant carrying a bottle.
You will have to walk it to the restaurant at some point, but you can do it ahead of time if you prefer. It does feel "classier" and more discreet, especially on formal night. They will take care of chilling it (if applicable) or maybe decanting it (not absolutely sure about that) and it will be waiting for you when you show up later for your meal.

We didn't bring our own wine last time so I don't remember exactly how they do it. They should give you a receipt for the bottle, or if they don't, you should be able to ask for one, so you can be less nervous about your bottle going missing, if it's an expensive one. I'd also take a photo of the bottle to aid in identification in case any questions arise.

Anybody have experience bringing boxed wine onboard?[/Q

I'm asking the question only to determine how they "count" a box. We have found several of the boxed wines to actually be quite acceptable and you don't have to be concerned with a possible broken bottle.

I usually have a box in my suitcase. Never have had a problem. Then I carry a bottle of sparkling in my carry on.