Someone Please Ease My Mind

1sttimemariner

I was completely relaxed about this whole thing, and now I'm starting to get worried again. We are booked for Nativeway's Rays, Reef and Rum Tour next week, and I'm still worried about getting back to the boat in time. Nativeway assures me there won't be a problem, they do this all the time, and I would imagine that they have never had a problem or I would have read it on the boards. However, it's not going to be a very relaxing day if I have to constantly worry about making it back "just in time" which is what I keep hearing. Has anyone done the tour from the Mariner that can give me a little peace of mind. I really want to see Rum Point, but am not sure it's worth the stress!

I'd like to say don't worry...but I totally understand your stress. Fortunately, you can normally put complete trust in reputable tour companies. You can relax...at least a little! ;)

I was completely relaxed about this whole thing, and now I'm starting to get worried again. We are booked for Nativeway's Rays, Reef and Rum Tour next week, and I'm still worried about getting back to the boat in time. Nativeway assures me there won't be a problem, they do this all the time, and I would imagine that they have never had a problem or I would have read it on the boards. However, it's not going to be a very relaxing day if I have to constantly worry about making it back "just in time" which is what I keep hearing. Has anyone done the tour from the Mariner that can give me a little peace of mind. I really want to see Rum Point, but am not sure it's worth the stress!

Do you know of anyone else of the Mariner on this tour? I think a lot of people go to Nativeway, including lots of people on your particular cruise. If you see other people from your ship, I think it would ease your mind because I can't see the ship leaving without 50 passengers.

I don't know if anyone else on our ship is taking the tour, but I do know that they limit the tour to 25 people and there are 4 ships in that day, so who knows. I agree though, I would feel more comfortable knowing that at least one other group is from our ship.

Actually there will be 5 ships in port. Rhapsody, Holiday Dream, Conquest, Victory, Mariner.

Nativeway has no problem telling people not to take the tour if there isn't time to get them back to the ship.

I haven't been on that tour, but I have been out with Nativeway and they will take care of you.

If I was going to not book with the ship I think that Grand Cayman is the place I would do it. The people in Grand Cayman are unlike any where in the Caribbean. There are great and nice people all over the island but Grand Cayman I seem to trust the people a little more. If they say they will have you back they will have you back.

• 2 weeks later...

Hola,

Let the guides do the worrying. These people are pros and deal with this everyday. They know more about the schedules than you and I. Besides, if we miss the boat, it will be something to write about on these boards.:D

It really depends on when the last tender back to the ship is on how comfortable you will be. Nativeway told me that we would probably get back around 2:00 - 2:15 and the last tender for our ship is 2:30 as our ship is on eastern time so that is 3:30 boat time. 15 minutes...no way...I'd worry the entire time.

I did the Nativeway Rays, Reef, and Rum Point Beach excursion on Aug. 17. It was a wonderful day, and we did make it back to the ship, but barely.

Our ship's last tender was supposed to be at 3:15 and we were supposed to finish the excursion by 2:45. We were dropped off at 3:20. I was sweating it, but another tender showed up and we made it to back to the ship. My group was the only group from our particular ship, but there were about 20 others on the tender.

However, I still would not hesitate to do the Nativeway excursion. They were never worried about us getting left.

Incidentally, in Jamaica, the ship waited 2 hours for a group who didn't make it back on time. When we disembarked, we put our cruise card through a machine so the ship has a record of who left. Then you do the same when you get back on the ship. It seems like they do wait a bit if they have to.

Archived