Pre-cruise stay in barcelona

ian moore

We wish to stay in Barcelona for a couple of days before we embark on a med.cruise on the island Princess.

Princess Cruises off pre-cruise stays in the Hotel Majestic in the centre of Barcelona. Their webpage says they are 5* but some reviews on tripadvisor are not brilliant.

Anyone stayed in this hotel before,or after a cruise.

All views gratefully received.

Ian Moore

We stayed at the Majestic several years ago, pre-cruise. I made our own reservations, not relying on the cruise line booking.

The room assigned was spacious, comfortable and quiet. The noise of traffic from the street could be annoying to some, just leave the windows closed. Otherwise, stipulate a room on one of the higher floors.

Breakfast was good, but didn't dine there otherwise as renovations were going on....

I would stay there again, Barcelona is a wonderful city and the location of the Majestic was convenient....

We stayed at the Majestic for two days post-cruise last month. My understanding is the rooms all were refurbished recently - extremely comfortable beds, great bathrooms, no noticeable noise from the street (double-glazed windows and very heavy drapes). Service was outstanding.