Gem - Renovations

pixiedustdawn

So far the Gem has slowly be getting some attention when it comes to renovations. I have noticed rugs being replaced as well as some furnishings.

Spinnaker Lounge was under renovation yesterday and it looks gorgeous!!

Can wait for her to come back to New York on November 22, 2014 after Dry Dock, she is going to look brand new!IMG_0648.jpg.1d260095fb16ca50a06c2521cc52bf1c.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg.fb358048ef7243511568d1ee34373696.jpg

So far the Gem has slowly be getting some attention when it comes to renovations. I have noticed rugs being replaced as well as some furnishings.

Spinnaker Lounge was under renovation yesterday and it looks gorgeous!!

Can wait for her to come back to New York on November 22, 2014 after Dry Dock, she is going to look brand new![ATTACH]321254[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]321255[/ATTACH]

Are they carrying out these renovations while the ship is in use? Seems funny to do work with passengers on board when it will be taken out of service for a face lift shortly. I'm glad to hear it though.

Most are being done on Port days. You go out for a bit and come back to a change. They have been replacing carpeting over the past few weeks.

Hasn't been a hassle for guests, as a matter of fact I as well as a few have stopped to watch a few of the renovations taking place.

That is an excursion all in itself! :)

Wow! Spinnaker looks great after the renovation, and it looks like there are actually more places to sit now instead of all those crazy neon colored bed/chair things. Wish they could have had this done a month earlier for our cruise.:(

Yay! I'd love to see more pictures as they happen! I just sailed on the Gem and booked another Gem cruise in March and this is making me even more excited for that sailing!

Totally agree about getting rid of the weird (and often broken) Spinnaker seating.

Yay! I'd love to see more pictures as they happen! I just sailed on the Gem and booked another Gem cruise in March and this is making me even more excited for that sailing!

Totally agree about getting rid of the weird (and often broken) Spinnaker seating.

also sailing Gem in March. Can't wait to see ship, never sailed on Gem.

I'm curious also. We are booked for the 12 day leaving Dec. 1st. Was wondering if the mini-suites, balconys etc. will also be getting a face lift. We've been on the Gem 3x's in the past 2 years=love, love the Gem. What about the buffet? Noticed it was getting rather tired looking last time. I guess whatever was done to the Jewel will probably be the same as the Gem.

Any recent Jewel cruisers care to share your observations? Thank you all who reply.

Wow, this is awesome! I'm sailing on her in 30 days. Didn't think there'd be renovations already underway... love Spinnaker, so I'm glad to see it'll be gussied up before my arrival! Can't wait to see what other changes are in store! I also just booked ANOTHER trip on her for a year from now, so I'll get her both before AND after dry dock.

Weirdly, I kinda hope they don't change the carpeting in the Martini bar area. I love, love, love that carpeting, with the cool martini glass pattern!

Richard/Tralfie

• 3 months later...