Hotel in New Orleans pre-cruise

Liesel

We are thinking of booking on the Royal Caribbean end of February 2015 to the Caribbean leaving from New Orleans. Since I have never been to New Orleans we would like to stay three nights prior to cruising. I have been checking on hotels. The cruise line is using Hilton Gardens. I have been looking at the Hotel le Marais.

Has anyone stayed at either one of these hotels? Or could somebody recommend another nice hotel in a central location. We will probably take a taxi to the ship.

Thanks in advance for responding.

Our group is cruising out of New Orleans in October. Most are at the Crowne plaza on Canal Street. I'm at the Wyndham French Quarter on Royal Street. One person got the Country Inn and Suites when he used Hotwire.

The Crown Plaza is on the corner of Bourbon and Canal. They Wyndham French Quarter is 1 block over from Bourbon.

Hope this helps.

Judy in MI

Our group is cruising out of New Orleans in October. Most are at the Crowne plaza on Canal Street.

It is pretty easy to score that one on Hotwire at a decent rate.

We ended up at the Hilton Garden Inn Convention Center through Royal Caribbean last April as we couldn't do any better since we booked fairly late and there were quite a few entertainment and convention activities in town at that time. The price was good and the hotel was quite nice and mostly quiet. It is a short walk to the RC cruise terminal at the end of Julia St, although I would still use a shuttle or taxi if I had a lot of luggage, and there is a trolley stop also at the end of Julia St that will take you to the FQ and all that is has to offer. Make sure you have exact change for the trolley - I believe the one-day pass was $3 or something like that.

Check the hotel prices now to see what your options are, and if you decided to book the cruise, book the hotel ASAP. It seems like there is always something going on in that town:D and the prices rarely come down.