1st timer on Carnival (the Breeze), what do I need to know?

loveysbydesign

Super excited to have just booked us on our 1st Carnival cruise, sailing in 2 cove balconies!

We have cruised on Disney back in 2009 and 2011.

I'm trying to find out what main differences I should expect(other than the obvious theming, kids clubs etc).

For instance I know soda is not free on carnival and I can not bring my own alcohol onboard.

Anything else really important that I should be aware of?

you can buy your kids the Bubbles program. its i think $3 a day for their drinks?

and you can bring your own soda and/or water aboard as well.

from Carnival's website

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one 750 ml bottle of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $15 corkage fee per 750 ml bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room or steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be available for collection onboard in a designated location on the morning of debarkation. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

I cruised Disney about twelve years ago. Would live to go again but I can cruise more with Carnival. The dining experience will be totally different from the atmosphere to the quality of food. Carnivals food is not bad, it's just that Disney's is much better. You are going to have a fun time. My favorite ship is the Breeze.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

highly recommend Faster to the Fun pass (under "shore excursions") if it says "sold out" KEEP CHECKING!! they release certain amounts every so often and you can snag one! (only need to buy 1 per cabin, not per person as it says on the site)

you get priority everything behind the Diamond and Platinum members! i wont cruise without it until i reach my Diamond status!

Ok, So my hubby drinks bizarre beer, he can bring one big bottle, in his carry-on, instead of a bottle of wine? (in reference to that quote up above)

and we can also bring 12 sealed bottles of water or soda with us pp?

That's good news ;)

no, it can only be wine.

and yes, 12 sealed bottles/cans of water/soda. we didnt do it, but i wish we did! they only have Coke products on the ship, so i had to go a whole week without Dr. Pepper! Killed me! LOL they had mr. pibb, but we all know that that stuff aint the same! LOL

Edited by KLD1019

Ok, So my hubby drinks bizarre beer, he can bring one big bottle, in his carry-on, instead of a bottle of wine? (in reference to that quote up above)

That's good news ;)

No on the beer. If it was packaged like a wine bottle (like with some craft beer) it might slip through, but he would be taking a chance of losing it.

Yes on the 12 pk/person of water/soda.

That's good news ;)

No to the beer. Wine or champagne is the only alcohol allowed to be carried on .