TSA Locks to/from Papeete?

Pincus

How were your locks treated domestically? Did all the airport security seem to know what they were. I doubt that the Papeete end would know about these new locks or have the device that over rides them. I could be wrong but why not chance it as the most they can do is cut them off and you can get them replaced free of charge if they are cut off so why not try it.

Pat

Thanks for the reply. No problem domestically. From reading these boards, though, I've learned that the search outbound from Papeete is a thorough, manual one. So no locks are recommended. However, as you say, the loss is not great!

Em

Last Saturday night at Faaa, security people x-rayed everything (including film) and searched most, but not all, luggage: time-consuming, thorough, and polite.

I simply want to whine about TSA employees at LAX: they were quick, barely civil, and perhaps a bit too thorough.

When we got home to PDX, I found that one of the cable ties was snipped from my small suitcase and not replaced. Okay, no big deal.

I was steamed that my big suitcase entered the luggage carousel with my new blue pareo hanging out of one side, and David's red hibiscus swimtrunks dangling out of the other! But heck, it was entertaining, right?

But what ticked me off was that only one of the five latches was fastened!!!! We had to open it up and cram all the stuff back in right there on the floor of baggage claim!

Aargh!

Thanks so much for your comments. Appreciate your thoughts on the two airport security systems.

By any chance, did you use one of the TSA approved locks on the flights?

Thanks...and welcome home!

Archived