Yet another dress code question

ackc

bldsld~~I believe Silversea has run out of customer service also. I was misquoted a price for a cruise this year and they would not stand behind what was quoted. I don't think we will be back with them any time soon.

We did have exceptional service on Celebrity Xpedition in the Galapagos.

Can't wait 'til we experience Seabourn.:)

Hi dd@sea,

Having just returned from the Silver Shadow I came across a guy named Marcello,he is the La Terrazza Maitre d' and he told me that he used to work for Seabourn for six years.

He is an extrovert Italian,Very Theatrical and we had a great time with him

I wonder if it is the same Marcello as you experienced

John

John,

That sounds exactly like him. Our Marcello was just like you mentioned. He was on the Spirit in La Veranda as Matri D (ooops my spelling - sorry) at night and room service in the morning. The other thing he did - no matter where my husband was for dinner - his dozen escargot with garlic toast showed up. Also I vividly remember (see, the memory is not totally gone) him talking about his mama mia with love and his dark rimmed glasses. I would suggest that it is Seabourn's loss and Silver Seas' gain to have him. I hope you enjoyed him and his extraordinary service as we did.

I love Marcello if its the same one who was on the Spirit last summer and this year in the Far East.

When we docked in Venice last August his Mother met him with a big plate of homemade (what else!!) pasta just in case he wasn't eating enough!!

We used to eat in the Veranda most nights for the fun we had with him.

Well that's Seabourn's loss and Silverseas gain I guess.

John,

That sounds exactly like him. Our Marcello was just like you mentioned. He was on the Spirit in La Veranda as Matri D (ooops my spelling - sorry) at night and room service in the morning. The other thing he did - no matter where my husband was for dinner - his dozen escargot with garlic toast showed up. Also I vividly remember (see, the memory is not totally gone) him talking about his mama mia with love and his dark rimmed glasses. I would suggest that it is Seabourn's loss and Silver Seas' gain to have him. I hope you enjoyed him and his extraordinary service as we did.

Hi all,

It must be the same Marcello as he did talk about Mama and yes he has trendy dark rimmed glasses.And it was interesting to hear his views on SS and SB and to compare them from a staff point of view.

John

Archived