Lost camera on grand turk.

Bada55stan

We were on the Breeze last week and lost our blue waterproof Fuji camera on grand turk Friday Aug 8th. There was a second carnival ship docked with us and our last hope is someone on that ship or one after us found it and turned it in. We got engaged on that cruise and all our engagement/cruise photos are on that camera.

Thanks for any help CC

Stan

Sent from my HTCONE using Forums mobile app

We were on the Breeze last week and lost our blue waterproof Fuji camera on grand turk Friday Aug 8th. There was a second carnival ship docked with us and our last hope is someone on that ship or one after us found it and turned it in. We got engaged on that cruise and all our engagement/cruise photos are on that camera.

Thanks for any help CC

Stan

There is a new post running above about this camera!!!

I found a camera SD card in Freeport when we went on an excursion. I posted the pics to 2 sites which list lost cameras, but as yet no one has claimed it. Just a reminder--take at least one picture of your name and address listed so that someone finding it can easily return it.

There are many websites listing lost & found cameras:

http://www.camerafound.com/

http://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/how-to-find-a-lost-camera/

These are just 2. There are many, many if you do a Google search. Good Luck!

Thanks for the advice, I will check out those sites never fails to amaze me how helpful this site can be.

I sent a request to join the Galveston cruise group, hope I see my face.

Thanks for any help CC

Stan

It might be useful if you mention where you think you lost it (or if you don't know, where you went and what you did on the island). Sometimes being more specific will cause someone to remember something (e.g., standing in line next to someone else who is turning in a lost camera) that they might not have otherwise.

Congratulations on the engagement, by the way.

I feel for you. We lost our camera on our second Dream cruise and I was so sad to lose all the pictures. I can't imagine if I had lost our engagement pictures. I hope you find it.

By the way, if you had cruise insurance, it might pay for a replacement camera. Ours did. It doesn't bring back the pictures, but at least we replaced the camera.

Maggie

I feel for you. We lost our camera on our second Dream cruise and I was so sad to lose all the pictures. I can't imagine if I had lost our engagement pictures. I hope you find it.

By the way, if you had cruise insurance, it might pay for a replacement camera. Ours did. It doesn't bring back the pictures, but at least we replaced the camera.

Maggie

I posted on the Sunshine lost camera about taking pictures of S&S, others take pictures of name, and e mail address. I also now take several SD cards and change them out several times, sometimes daily, and keep them away from the camera bag. Then if the camera is lost, not all the pictures are lost:)

Sound advice I had the thought to bring my computer to upload daily but talked myself out of it.

We are pretty sure we left our camera in a golf cart that we rented while on the island. Contacted the rental people and they didn't find one so our hope is that it fell out between Jack's shack and the cruise port.

Sound advice I had the thought to bring my computer to upload daily but talked myself out of it.

We are pretty sure we left our camera in a golf cart that we rented while on the island. Contacted the rental people and they didn't find one so our hope is that it fell out between Jack's shack and the cruise port.

There is a posting on Jack Shacks Facebook page about finding a camera. They posted pictures to see if anyone recognized the people.

I do make a point of bringing my Surface tablet on vacation to download photos every couple of days, but that is more for other reasons than in case I lose the camera. It is more because otherwise it becomes a huge chore to go on, say, a two week trip, then come back and have to download, label and index thousands of photos. More practically, it is easy to remember the names and places so the image documents have descriptive file names if I do it within a couple days, as opposed to doing it three weeks later.

The Surface is a good solution because it isn't a large-size laptop, but it has a USB port. I still take my iPad because I find it is much easier to use for most other things. But the USB port on the Surface means I can connect a USB hub, then a camera and a mouse and easily download, name and file my photos.

I too have a Surface and two Toshiba Thrives. All have a USB port and the Surface having a micro-SD with the Thrives having fullsize SD. Not only do I use the tablets as backups for the pictures on the vacation, but I use it for my digital reader, movie player, and music library. So, I have a huge library for books, but can watch movies or just zone out to the tunes. :)

This is why the first photo you take on any memory card should be of a piece of paper with your name, phone number, and email address. Makes it trivial for a finder of the camera or card to then find you.

and on a multi-day trip either swap out cards so you at least have some of your memories or preferably bring a laptop and copy all your images to it daily.