Current booking, just put hold on higher cabin.

Yarrowfell

We currently have a booking via a TA that is paid in full (and has been for about 4 weeks) but final payment not officially due until tomorrow (13th August - US time).

Celebrity just released a higher (guarantee) cabin for about $400 more total. I have put a 24hr hold on the higher cabin as the TA in the US is closed (we are in Aus).

Now an issue: We are book under the Pick your Perk - free alcohol and 50% off 3rd guest. This offer is still running but when I put the code (PYPBEV) in the booking it showed as an Exciting deal. Will this be an issue?

Can the TA transfer the hold to our current (paid) booking and we pay the difference or how does it work?

Once we put the hold on the category price rose so I assume there was only 1 cabin left at the cheap rate.

Given we have until tomorrow when final payment is due (is it due by COB?) I want to be prepared and call the TA (have already sent email) as soon as they open.

Thanks for any help.

Unfortunately, if you read the fine print of the Pick Your Perk promo you'll see that it does not apply to special pricing, which Exciting Deals are so this is why you are having a problems with the booking. Happened to us as well on a last minute cruise we booked, it was an Exciting Deal so because of the pricing we could not receive the perks being offered at the time.

If Exciting Deals work in Australia as they do in the US, the fares/terms apply to new bookings only...

Not sure if you are bound by Australian rules or US rules--if they differ--given your use of a US travel agent.

Edited by Xport

I will be interested to see how you go. We were discussing something similar earlier today. We have never tried to go for an upgrade when prices have dropped, but are keeping an eye out for future trips. Considering there are still sales and perks running at the moment, and they like to give you current pricing when you make changes, well it would seem logical that you would get current perks if they are the same as previous perks.

Logic and fair play may not be the direction that the cruise companies are heading lately though! :) Hopefully your TA will quickly be able to get you a nice fair deal.

Are you able to see on your USA TA's website what perks they are offering and the current low price? You say you put a hold on the Celebrity site so I assume you have access to the USA site as normally your Aussie IP address(or some other sneaky thing) directs you to the AU Celebrity site and the different prices/offers etc.

Not exactly the same situation but I found a better deal with a USA TA on an already booked cruise before final payment. I called the TA I had booked with but only got message bank. The offer of all three perks at the same price as the original with a different TA ran out that day. I booked with them and so had 2 bookings in reality and emailed the original TA. They were off work for 2 days but replied once they returned saying booking cancelled and the deposit of $900 US was back in my CC around 5-6 days later.

goodycruiseing.

I had originally started this booking in an 2D obstructed balcony. 1 PYP came with the price plus a smaller OBC from the agent. Saw that Aqua Gty became available at $29?pp more. Called agent and changed. Kept the same perks. Changed to the second agent as I said above to get all 3 perks.

So it is generally no problem to upgrade and keep perks even after final payment. I have done this twice out of two Celebrity cruises and once on my only RCCL cruise so far. The only way you generally can loose the perks is if the price is a special fare (group, senior, military etc) as far as I have found out.

Edited by woodyren

Thanks all. It was a no go with us.

As it was an "exciting deal" we would have lost our Pick your perk benefits which was not worth it.

We currently have a CC cabin with offers PYPBEV and Family Special according to the TA and didn't want to loose these.

I have just noticed a FV come up (9197 on Millenium) that is under the Pick your perk so debating if we move to it (extra $600 on what we have already paid).

Any yes the hold was on the US Celebrity site. I refuse to pay the prices they are asking in Australia.

Final payment is today (US time).