British Airways Strike

I just heard this on the tv. Thank you for posting the link Macop. We are scheduled to go on our trip to London Aug 28th and arrive on the 29th for a two day pre cruise stay in London before catching the Jewel of the Sea in Harwich. I feel so sorry for those that are stuck at the airport. We had a 19 hour delay in Seattle airport after a 19 night cruise in May. Happy Sailing, Joy P.S. Does this just affect British Airlines?

I just heard this on the tv. Thank you for posting the link Macop. We are scheduled to go on our trip to London Aug 28th and arrive on the 29th for a two day pre cruise stay in London before catching the Jewel of the Sea in Harwich. I feel so sorry for those that are stuck at the airport. We had a 19 hour delay in Seattle airport after a 19 night cruise in May. Happy Sailing, Joy P.S. Does this just affect British Airlines?

This only affects British Airways no other airline is effected Virgin Atlantic is operating normally and as of 5 hours ago British Airways has started operating again but it will take time to clear all the passengers. Unfortunately this was something that started out by the company that supplies the onboard food to the airline they dismissed some of there workers so they were having to fly without food and started handing out food packs to there passengers before they boarded but some of the ground staff were related to the people dissmissed by the Gate Gourmet company and decided to come out on strike in sympathy and that was why the Airline had to suspend it's flights Hope this helps. (as you will see I live in England)

Jenrie

Archived