Sun Princess-tips, suggestions, menus?

Hi, we will be sailing aboard the Sun Princess for 27 nights in November. For any of you who have been aboard, any tips, suggestions, things not to forget? Also, if anyone has any of the menus, I would appreciate it! Being an Australian based ship, I know there are differences. Thanks for your help in advance!:p

Hi jkw2765,

Have been on Sun Princess for two cruises. One Sydney to New Zealand and return a few years ago in a Balcony suite (my first ever cruise) and loved every minute of it.....didn't want to get off!

The second time was last year Sydney to Queensland and return, this time we were upgraded to the Owner's suite aft. Could not believe our luck at being upgraded TWICE. We had booked a side mini suite, then got upgraded to an aft mini suite, (love the aft cabins) then three days before we sailed got the Suite upgrade. Magnificent to say the least !

Obviously, we thoroughly enjoyed that cruise even more than the first, even though we had done a couple of RCL cruises in between.

As far as Sun Princess is concerned, I don't have any menus but I recall seeing some online. Try searching in Google, you might find them. The meals were always great, my husband thinks their food is the best we've had on any ship, but we've only travelled on Australian based ships so far.

Layout of the ship suits us, midsize, not too big. Balcony cabin does not have a sofa / lounge included, but the mini suite does. That's why we booked it on second cruise.

Staff and service excellent and friendly, nothing is too much trouble.

Although tips are included in original fare, we have always tipped our cabin steward separately as well at the end of the cruise, because we felt we wanted to say a special thank you.

Check your electrical connectors as the ship has Australian standard connections.

Sun Princess recently underwent an upgrade and now includes a Sushi Restaurant (although not well utilised on our Qld cruise except by the officers) and the International Café (a coffee and cake café, with great coffee and cakes and so well utilised almost all of the day that you were lucky to find a table).

The 'all the way round' promenade gives us our exercise, so we don't frequent the gym or sauna areas. We also use the stairs instead of lifts unless in a hurry, but they can be a bit slow too!

There were differences on the second cruise from the first, namely thy did not have the international day lunch menus (Mexican, French etc) which we missed, but there would have been a lot of food wastage after them.

The Reef Pilot talks and port talks were very interesting and a great new feature of the cruise.

We will definitely cruise with Princess, and Sun Princess particularly, again if the right itinerary and time suits our purposes. We already have a couple in mind.

Hope the above helps someway towards you enjoying your cruise,

Rosee

The ship is lovely

The wheelhouse bar up front is a nice hangout

Great shows

Aud in board for accounts

No menu copies sorry

Great service

Enjoy your cruise

Make sure you so their movie night on deck with popcorn lounge and blanket it's great

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have to agree with everyone else - we miss the walk around the whole ship on other cruiseline.

Food was always good in main dining rooms - if you had a problem you just had to let waiter know and it was fixed.

46 nights in an inside cabin a few years ago and about to book 42 nights next year - shame we can't get the same cabin.

Shows were good and entertainment suited to us more than other lines.