couple of questions please??

Hello to all, just checked in after a long absence, havne't cruised in almost a year!! We are leaving in 29 days for back to back cruises on the Diamond. We fly turkish Air DIRECT from chicago. We tried to get the upgrade offered by Radisson, but they pulled it before our TA could get it for us. Does anyone know ANYTHING about this airline, what is coach like etc... We have never flown this far coach, don't want to sound like a baby, but with our frequent flyer miles, we didn't need to.

Also, how will the diamond compare to the voyager? We were on that marvelous ship last year for 10 short days. We are very very excited, the 10 hour flight doesn't sound great but..... we shall see. Thanks in advance for your help.

cindy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;8;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100 VOYAGER

icon_cool.gifThe Diamond has a beautiful dining room and probably the best alternative restaurant at sea, Don Vito's. That being said, the Diamond is a smaller, older ship, with smaller cabins, only one alternative restaurant, and less extravagant entertainment. While I would not hesitate to go on the Diamond, I think one needs to moderate your expectations after having been on the Voyager.

i thank you very much for your honest answer. To be honest, that is what we anticipated. We loved that wonderful cabin on the voyager, but as long as their is a balcony, all will be well. Thanks again.

Cindy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;8;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100 VOYAGER

Cinder,

Please report about your experience in the Diamond when you come back. We are booked on the Diamond for next year and we also sailed previously in the Voyager. Thanks and have a good trip!

We just returned from a week in Istanbul. I can appreciate your concern about flying coach on Turkish Air! We flew from Ft. Lauderdale to Philadelphia to Amsterdam on USAir using ff to upgrade. From Amsterdam we flew coach on Turkish Air to Istanbul. Turkish Air in coach was reasonably comfortable, the service was good and the food was better than most! I'm never happy flying coach for really long flights, but Turkish Air is probably the same if not a bit better than a lot of coach experiences. Hope that helps. Good luck!

icon_cool.gifJust got off the Voyager last week. The Diamond was in Funchal with us and we got a chance to visit and renew old aquaintances. Capt Broomhall will be leaving for vacation in June and Capt Jeremy will be relieving him for the summer. Fabrizzio is back as the hotel manager and Guiseppe is the cruise director. The ship is in excellent condition. The staterooms on the Voyager are certainly larger, but the Diamond staterooms are quite adequate. The only shortfall on the Diamond is the closet space, but that should not be a problem for a week to 10 days. We had no problems on a 10 day cruise and my bride takes everything but the kitchen sink. For our money the Diamond is the most fun of any ship in the RSSC fleet. We're back aboard her in Oct for 19 days Rome-San Juan. Food is every bit as good and varied as the other ships in the fleet. You'll love it!

you are wonderful people, and i thank you for your comments. I hate to sound so icky about coach, and i really don't normally sound like that, it just is..... we travel for a LIVING. Both of us in O'hare constantly business travel, trip after trip. Our two weeks a year is well..... magic. Sometimes we even meet in the airport for coffee to see each other! This is a big deal to us, and i sincerly thank you for your kindness.

Cindy and David

p.s. 20 something days and counting!!! yeah for the documents, can't wait!! Have a special bottle of wine picked out!!!

Archived