DAWN PRINCESS REVIEW By MITCH

LisaH

Did any of you read this review on the CC Review page? What Dawn Princess was he on? I have not read a worse review. While I respect his opinion, I have a hard time believing it was that bad.

Thoughts?

Eyes of the beholder.

I don't put a lot of stock in most of the reviews I have read, but prefer to reach my own conclusions.

Perhaps he was on a different ship - only 77GRT he says. Not much of an eye for detail.

I agree - that cruising is definitely NOT for them. Having been on the Sun Princess twice - I was shocked anyone could find the Dawn or any Princess ship that bad.

Have a nice weekend !

Gee all I can say is that this doesn't sound like the same ship I was on in May. I LOVE THE DAWN. The food was perfectly fine, there was no sewage smell and when will people realize that these ships are actually on the water and water moves and YES IT CAN BE ROUGH!!!!!

Too bad his first cruise was so miserable, hopefully he'll try again and have a better time.

He thinks 77k tons is how much the ship weighs I guess and of course since Princess controls how rough the seas are he was displeased with them for churing it it up so much. Or it could have been rough from all the passengers belching and urping from the lousey food. Thank goodness he found a fellow disgrunted passenger in the laundry room so now it is unanamous: BUYER BEWARE.

Methinks Mitch should stay ashore with a nice land vacation at HoJo's and IHOP.

WOW! I just read his review. It is pretty brutal. Of course, I being a newbie at cruising am a little concerned I am to be on the Dawn this October. Everything else I have read about the ship it sounds wonderful. Is this just "sour grapes" or should I say "sour stomach" talking?

WOW! I just read his review. It is pretty brutal. Of course, I being a newbie at cruising am a little concerned I am to be on the Dawn this October. Everything else I have read about the ship it sounds wonderful. Is this just "sour grapes" or should I say "sour stomach" talking?

Please don't be put off by this review. You will have a wonderful time!:D Cruising isn't for everyone--just almost everyone. ;)

I agree that Mitch's review was harsh, but my experience with the Dawn in the Southern Caribbean two years ago was sub standard. I'm about to embark on my 10th cruise, and 8th with Princess tomorrow morning. Our trip on the Dawn almost put me off Princess, but I'm glad I gave it another 4 tries and all have been positive since! The entertainment was either poor or non-existent. Movies in the Princess Theater took the place of live shows twice on a 7 day cruise; passengers were singing and playing the vacant piano in the lounge; and activities during the day were cancelled as there were no crew members to run them. The food was so-so in the dining room, and the Horizon Court had a very poor selection (as if the budget was cut in this area) and had a foul odor daily. Princess is a wonderful line and suits us as a family of four perfectly, but unfortunately this was not a good experience. It almost appeared that all the energy and money was going towards the bigger and newer ships, but I just hope that this was an off week. The Sun class ships are the perfect size and I would like to see more of these in the future. I am nervous about my CB trip this week as it just may be too much, but I have confidence that Princess has that all figured out.

It is sour something alright. Check out all the glowing reviews, there must be hundreds of them and then along comes Grumpy Gus. I've only been on 8 cruises and there is a Gus on every one. Don't even pay attention to it, the cruise will be wonderful and you will have a great time and when you run into Gus on your cruise, just smile and reflect on how lucky you are.

We were on a B2B last year on the Dawn, and this ship became one of my favorites. I got scuba certified onboard, bought the art auction out, and just had a great time. Food and service was just fine.

I went suba diving with the executive Purser on the Dawn, and I mentioned that the Dawn was ageing very gracefully.

Some day, poor Mitch is going to get on a real garbage scow and he will not survive the experience.

I have only one word for Mitchs review. Malcontent.

I am sure that we have had a sub par experience at one point or another with our cruises, as well as positive experiences. Please do not allow a harsh negative review discourage you from considering a cruise

We were on the Dawn Princess in January and had a FANTASTIC cruise -- great food, great itinerary (southern caribbean), great staff -- yet when we read the reviews from our same cruise, the ratings ranged from 2 stars (Linda, 01/05) to 6 stars (Rotti, 01/05). Yes, we might have had a minor issue or two now and then, but I really can't remember any of them (except, perhaps, the coffee;) ), and I would cruise on the Dawn Princess again in a heartbeat! There had been a few negative reviews shortly before we sailed, and I have to admit that I was a little worried -- but once we were on board, I couldn't believe that these complainers were were writing about the same ship!

The Bermuda Star was a tub when we sailed her. The Captain was plastered every night, the food was as bad as my cooking, the ship was ready for the scrapyard and I had the best time of my life. I love ships, I love being at sea. Everything else is secondary.

Archived