1st time solo on RCC Majesty of the Seas

Showboy

I did a solo back-to-back on Majesty OTS a couple of years ago and had a GREAT time - the shorter 3-4 days cruises seem to have a different feel to them, with people wanting to fit everything in over fewer days - not as relaxed a crowd as in the longer cruises, but still very enjoyable.

The only slight "hiccup" was on the 1st cruise - a rather grumpy Maitre'd in the MDR who did not want to assign me a table for 2 - he said he wanted to "save them for couples", which rather ticked me off for a moment, as I'm D+ on RCI and have always got the table size I wanted up until then.... no worries, I did not let it bother me for long..... (life is too short!). I enjoyed the 'Jammer and the upstairs deli instead. On the 2nd cruise, I was assigned the MDR table I wanted.

It was interesting that when we had the meeting for the B2B people, most of us were solo's - only one couple out of a group of about 10-12 people - the 2nd cruise was super busy because of meeting everyone at that meeting, many meals, drinks, and shows together!

I was on the Majesty solo this April (3 days on the ship was cheaper than a hotel+meals+rental car).

The downside? There are few senior C&A members and no specialty restaurants.

The good side? No one goes to the fitness center....

I had a nice time for the three days. The staff was terrific and I got my block (grin)

-Holly

who likes variety in her crystal paperweights..