Port Canaveral Day Trip - Car Rental - Kennedy Space Center and Airboats ?

downundermatt

Will be Port Canaveral in November and am planning on hiring a car to Kennedy Space Center, and would really like to stop for a one hour air boat ride on the way.

Am I likely to pass a air boat ride place on the way, don't mind a minor detour ?

Just wondering how feasible this is - we are in Port for 12 hours, also I don't want get caught on Florida's cashless roads - am I likely to encounter any this trip ?

Appreciate if anyone has done this, or maybe a Florida local can give me some advice:)

Will be Port Canaveral in November and am planning on hiring a car to Kennedy Space Center, and would really like to stop for a one hour air boat ride on the way.

Am I likely to pass a air boat ride place on the way, don't mind a minor detour ?

Just wondering how feasible this is - we are in Port for 12 hours, also I don't want get caught on Florida's cashless roads - am I likely to encounter any this trip ?

You can do an airboat ride at Lone Cabbage Fish Camp http://www.twisterairboatrides.com/ From Cocoa Beach, just drive west about 20 minutes on State Road 520 towards the St. Johns River. It will be on the left side. You can also grab a bite to eat there and soak up some local atmosphere. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/os-fla-destinations-lone-cabbage-081714-20140816,0,2336143.column

Oh yes, no tolls at all.