Price Drop

jenn6743

Our friends who we are cruising with are up to $858 in OBC for their balcony. They did have to give up the cabin they had booked for a guaranty but at this rate it's like one of them is going for free. We booked an inside spa and those have just gone up in price so no OBC for us. But I was able to move my DS and his friend from an inside to a guaranty balcony with $78 OBC back. Great deal for them!

Those receiving price reductions, are you booked in a specific cabin or are you booked in a guaranty cabin?

I believe you can only get obc when u are booked early saver. We are up to $549 in obc for our balcony on the Breeze.

Kim

I believe you can only get obc when u are booked early saver. We are up to $549 in obc for our balcony on the Breeze.

Kim

We are booked early saver and we selected a specific balcony cabin on the Lido Deck. However the price reductions only seem to be available should we allow Carnival to PICK our cabin....Hence my question.

Our friends who we are cruising with are up to $858 in OBC for their balcony. They did have to give up the cabin they had booked for a guaranty but at this rate it's like one of them is going for free. We booked an inside spa and those have just gone up in price so no OBC for us. But I was able to move my DS and his friend from an inside to a guaranty balcony with $78 OBC back. Great deal for them!

We are the friends travelerblue mentioned & I just got our 2nd price drop of the day. We are now up to $898!! This has become so much fun for me!! I keep expecting them to give me some lame excuse & tell me no. I did send in a form for one of the drops & it was denied but I immediately called in & was insistent that they give me the rate that was showing on my computer screen & after being transferred to 3 different people, it finally worked....persistence is the key!! Now I always call in first & so far, so good! We are extremely happy :D

For sailings in December on the Valor, when should I expect to see some more price drops? The price we paid for our 4J back in May is still $200 less than what is being charged now :( . Even if I don't get onboard credit, if the balconies drop further, I wouldn't mind just upgrading to one of them. Right now, the balcony upgrade would cost us a little over $200 as well.

I'm glad you posted OP. I called in and reduced my balance again by $373.00 for two cabins. July 26th I reduced by $400 so at this point, I have saved $773 since booking our November cruise in June. I am not early saver but our final payment date was September 1st. When they transferred our booking to the new Past Guest rates today, I had to pay the increased (regular) deposit of $250 pp since the earlier sales were $50 pp deposit only. However, the final payment due date is now October 16th.

I just can't imagine the prices will go any lower for our cabins at this point, but am very happy to have the savings so far.

We were also awarded with $253 in OBC after calling this afternoon for our Liberty sailing in October.

For those of you experienced with this sort of thing - what are my options in the future? This is what we did:

--Booked room 2350 (Interior, Deck 2) in February under Early Saver

--Called today and took an inside guarantee with $253 OBC

Am I eligible in the future for any more price drops? How will I know which ones apply to me?

We are also on the Valor in December (December 28th). I have little hope ours will drop any, as right now the balcony room is $600 more for the 2 of us than it was when we booked. I guess I am resolved that I got a decent rate in January when I booked this cruise, but I look every day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were able to get a very large obc woth the past gueat sale today. Like several other posters our price protection request was initially rejected. I called and after a half hour phone call where she couldn't find the code, it was approved. The customer service rep was very, very kind and talked to her supervisor by IM to find the code. OBC isn't showing yet but they said it can take 48 hours to show.

With our previous price drops before final payment, our cruise has dropped over $1,200 for an 8D balcony. Keep watching the prices!!

We booked in March for a Christmas 2014 cruise on Magic. So far, we have gotten five price drops totaling $560 for four of us in two cabins. We haven't made final payment yet, so it's all just reducing our balance due. The only thing better than going on a cruise is getting it for less money than you expected! I check Fare Viewer every couple of days...time well spent.

We were also awarded with $253 in OBC after calling this afternoon for our Liberty sailing in October.

For those of you experienced with this sort of thing - what are my options in the future? This is what we did:

--Booked room 2350 (Interior, Deck 2) in February under Early Saver

--Called today and took an inside guarantee with $253 OBC

Am I eligible in the future for any more price drops? How will I know which ones apply to me?

You still have over a month to go, you can continue to get price drops until 2 days before your cruise. Just keep looking, you never know!!