Aft cabin main deck on dream. Help!

momosbee

Does anyone know if the aft cabins on Deck 2 (Dream) are noisy or have lots of motion. We booked a "pack & go" and were just notified that we are in this area. This is our first experience in this area of the ship. We usually do LIDO but the fare was sooooo low, we said what the heck. Also will carnival let you change cabin.

We were in an aft room on riveria (I think), it was the first floor. It was noisy in the AM. We were in a new port each morning on our Southern Caribbean cruise, so I'm guessing each time we pulled into port, we heard the engines. DH slept through it, but it woke me up. Honestly, it wasn't that bad though. If you booked Early Saver, it'll cost you (I think!) $50 per person to switch rooms.

Yes it is noisy on low aft decks. Thrusters, engines and vibrations. Sometimes it is not just getting into and out of ports. If there is wave action the stabilizers get used too.

Yes, it was a vibration "noise" more than anything that I noticed. Hard to describe, but you could tell things were shaking. I didn't feel anything per se, but it sounded like things were vibrating near by.

I was in 2456 on the Dream and it does vibrate a lot (mostly coming into and out of ports) and is noisy. The a/c hardly worked either. If I were in that cabin again, I wouldn't freak out about it but would bring a fan for white noise and air circulation.