Anyone on 8/11 Dream checking this? Report please!

enjoyscruising

Just thought it would be interesting if anyone checking this forum who is currently on the Dream could report here on the location of the ship...the captain usually makes announcements at noon each day. Also - it should be documented at the map located just outside the Sports Bar.

Wondering too if there are reports they were able to fix the engine that delayed the ship coming into Seattle 8/11. What does the captain say your speed is? Dream can go as fast as 21 knots with 4 engines working properly, but 8/1-11 cruise ended up at only 13 knots with 2 auxillary engines.

Let us know how things are going. We wish you the best!!!

How available and how expensive is the internet service aboard the Dream?

On the Dawn a couple of years ago the service was quite slow and expensive. On that trip I tried to my internet business while in the different ports.

Since this sailing of the Dream seems to have limited port calls I think it is not too surprising that we haven't heard anything yet.

Internet service available? The only recent post is from a former Dream cruiser wondering about the current cruise too. I guess we'll keep checking and as always - wishing them the best!!!

It would be grand if NCL posted ships's location with its bridge cam shots.

How available and how expensive is the internet service aboard the Dream?

On the Dawn a couple of years ago the service was quite slow and expensive. On that trip I tried to my internet business while in the different ports.

Since this sailing of the Dream seems to have limited port calls I think it is not too surprising that we haven't heard anything yet.

satellite service i believe - doesn't matter whether you are in port or not; extremely slow - even the mouse scrolling speed.

75 cents per minutes or you can buy blocks of time at discounted rates. you do not have to use all minutes in one login session.

dream also offers wireless connection - rent their laptops or bring your own....limited areas of wireless connection on the ship - does not include your cabin.

We were on the May 30th cruise and I can tell you the internet was not working most of the time. Only a couple of hours here and there, so don't hold out hope for anyone reporting from the ship. Maybe once they get to a port with a Cyber Cafe we will hear something.

Bermuda triangle, Dr J. Funn. My remark Thursday when we kept wondering where she had disappeared to was "Well, we know they can't have fallen into the real Bermuda triangle, but maybe we have a new one up here called the Straits of Juan de Fuca triangle." It's just too bad that we have to be having those kinds of thoughts. I really do feel for all of you. I've already started to pack for my trip in September and just the little bit of problem with Star's azipod this last week has gotten me to thinking about what contingency plans I ought to be building in.

let's be checking out the Juneau webcams in the morning and we can see if it in fact had enough speed to make it there in the scheduled timeframe...I certainly hope it was able to.

anyone getting internet access who is on the Dream and checks this thread...let us know how things are going.

My family who sailed on the 8/1-11 Dream wish you all the best!!! but we're extremely curious as to how things are going.

Archived