Amerisuites or HIXpress SE 17th?

princess12

We are debating whether to stay in Amerisuites or the Holiday Inn Express in SE 17th. Which one would you stay in again? We are looking to stay in a nice, clean, comfortable room for our pre-cruise trip.

How much can I get Amerisuites on Priceline for January?

Between those 2 I'd go with the Holiday Inn Express over AmeriSuites myself. AmeriSuites would be most likely be cheaper though. People have gotten AmeriSuites for as little as $50 but January will probably be more than that as prices are up considerably this winter, but if you want to do Priceline I'd start there and see what happens. Valuetrips is another option for AmeriSuites if you didn't want to do Priceline... http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

If I remember correctly someone said Valuetrips would have their 2006 pricing out next month, but check with them to make sure.

Just returned from our 4 night cruise and stayed at Amerisuites (Fort Lauderdale) one night pre-cruise. Based on other comments in various forums, I was a little hesitant about staying there. I was very pleasantly surprised - big room w/ king bed, desk, small table w/ 2 chairs and overstuffed chair/ottoman. Very clean - must have been one of the recently refurbished rooms on the 2nd floor. Based on our experience, we would definitely stay there again. Hope this helps!

does the hoiliday inn on 17th st have a pool. i'm trying to decide between

hoiliday inn, the embassy,marroitt marina, or best western marina.

i wanted the embassy but they no longer have a free shuttle. best western

smells like mold but has a shuttle and and nice tiki bar with a band or singer

on weekend evenings.marroitt is closest to the water taxi but no shuttle or

breakfast.

No, the Holiday Inn Express doesn't have a pool, but don't get hung up on shuttles... Many hotels are eliminating or charging for them. It's less than 10 minutes and about $10 for a cab from FLL to the SE 17th Street hotels, less than that from the hotels into Port Everglades.

I contacted HIX in 17th and the GM said that since May 1st, they DO NOT offer free shuttles to Port Everglades anymore. They now have a private company providing transportation to the port for $6.00 per person. They still offer 24 hour shuttle from FLL airport and free breakfast.

I guess it's chepaer to cab it from the hotel to the port if they are now charging for this service.

Holiday Inn Express is better than Amerisuites. In-Laws stayed at Amerisuites and were disappointed. They said their room was gloomy and shop-worn. This was over a year ago so maybe it's been renovated since. Holiday Inn Express's are newer updated properties and a good value for the $

I booked it a few days ago for our upcoming April cruise and was told up front that no free shuttle to port. Correct...$6.00 per person with an independent contractor. But still offer a free shuttle from FLL to hotel. Just use courtesy phone at baggage claim to contact them and I was informed shuttle should be there in under 10 minutes.

Ruthie

Archived