Wrigley80's Carnival Pride Photo Review with my Dad.....and my Mom too

wrigley80

Who is excited for College Football to begin tomorrow with the first College Football Saturday of the Season????

Go Irish!!!! I am a big Notre Dame fan so who are you rooting for??

#Play Like A Champion Today

One more week NFL….New England Patriots:)

Thank You. No there wasn't wheelchair assistance in Grand Turk but I'm sure if you ask at Guest Services the day before you arrive in Grand Turk and explain your situation they will try to assist you the best they can. You then may have to arrange a time of when you would want to head back to the ship.

This is what I would do. It doesn't hurt to ask. But be sure to explain your situation clearly at Guest Services. Will you have your own wheelchair??

Thanks for the information. No she doesn't have a wheelchair. She does just fine normally but if a dock is very long she will get tired of walking. It's won't be worth renting a chair for the cruise since this is the only port where she will have a problem.

Sure wish they would have some staff and some wheelchairs available in ports with extra long docks for guests that need them.

Oh well, we'll work something out.

just caught up on your review again today. i love your review, after being on the pride 3 times already i can just look at a picture and know exactly where you are on the ship and it brings back good memories from being on the ship.:D

as far as the maitre d' all 3 times i have been on the ship including 4 month's ago it was Manuel.

Thanks for the information. No she doesn't have a wheelchair. She does just fine normally but if a dock is very long she will get tired of walking. It's won't be worth renting a chair for the cruise since this is the only port where she will have a problem.

Sure wish they would have some staff and some wheelchairs available in ports with extra long docks for guests that need them.

Oh well, we'll work something out.

You're welcome. You may want to look into something like what my dad used. It was a walker/cart and when he needed to sit down there was a seat to sit and relax if he needed to. Ask around in your community because the one we got for my dad is from our church. We can keep it as long as we need.

But like I mentioned before I would ask at Guest Services if they could assist you to get your sister down to the end of the dock. It doesn't hurt to ask

Hope your team does well, Brianna. Myself? I'm an Auburn Tiger!

Thank You. I just watched a replay of the Iron Bowl game from last year. I still can't believe that missed field goal was returned back for a touchdown. That was the best play in College Football last year.

Best of luck to the Tigers this year

just caught up on your review again today. i love your review, after being on the pride 3 times already i can just look at a picture and know exactly where you are on the ship and it brings back good memories from being on the ship.:D

as far as the maitre d' all 3 times i have been on the ship including 4 month's ago it was Manuel.

Thank You so much. I hope you continue to enjoy the rest of my review.

Have any of you heard? The Pride will be offering some longer (10-14 days) cruises, and some new itineraries.

I read it in Sundays paper, today. YAY!!!

Yeah those were announced from Carnival about 2 weeks ago. It sounds like they are going to be popular with some note resting ports of call.

I know that others were upset however if they already had 7-day cruises booked on the Pride because those cruises were cancelled

U still got it girl

great review and fun

I purchased a walker like your dads from Amazon; Mfg Driver cost $61 and free shipping. We cruise 7 to 10 times a year and it Is wonderful

we will be on Pride in November. Sunshine tomorrow and Liberty in Oct.

Your reviews have always been very helpful to these two old folgies

dot

Ps I will say Hi to Jamie Dee for you

Sorry for those already booked who were canceled, but it is far out, so hopefully they'll line something else up.

I love the longer cruises. :)

Yeah hopefully since they cancelled them early enough they were able to find something else soon.

Yeah we enjoy longer cruises too....what's not to love...haha

U still got it girl

great review and fun

I purchased a walker like your dads from Amazon; Mfg Driver cost $61 and free shipping. We cruise 7 to 10 times a year and it Is wonderful

we will be on Pride in November. Sunshine tomorrow and Liberty in Oct.

Your reviews have always been very helpful to these two old folgies

dot

Ps I will say Hi to Jamie Dee for you

Thank you Dot. I was wondering why you hadn't commented yet ;-) Yes that walker was wonderful for my dad. We will definitely be taking it in December when we cruise on the Dream. It gives him a place to sit down if I want to look around in some of the shops.

Oh I am super jealous that you'll be on the Sunshine tomorrow. Yeah Jaime heads back to the Sunshine tomorrow....she has been on vacation. Definitely say hi from me. She is pretty awesome. Enjoy your cruise.

By the time you return from your cruise my review may be done by then. I'm uploading more pics now.

Have a Great Cruise....have a ice cream come or two for me

Thank you Dot. I was wondering why you hadn't commented yet ;-) Yes that walker was wonderful for my dad. We will definitely be taking it in December when we cruise on the Dream. It gives him a place to sit down if I want to look around in some of the shops.

Oh I am super jealous that you'll be on the Sunshine tomorrow. Yeah Jaime heads back to the Sunshine tomorrow....she has been on vacation. Definitely say hi from me. She is pretty awesome. Enjoy your cruise.

By the time you return from your cruise my review may be done by then. I'm uploading more pics now.

Have a Great Cruise....have a ice cream come or two for me

I will have an ice cream for you and a diet Coke for your dad (I think that makes an ice cream float tee hee)

dot

Another great Brianna cruise review, with your twin aka mom included this time! It's very sweet of you to treat to parents to an anniversay cruise. I always say that daughters give the best anniversay presents. I keep throwing hints to my boys about Alaska, not sure they are getting the idea though. :p

You are on the only ship that I have cruised on twice. I really like the Pride not to big or small. I can't wait for her to get the 2.0 upgrades though, just for Guy's Burgers and The Alchemy Bar.

We headed back to the cabin early tonight. We were in bed by 10:00 pm. Tomorrow in Half Moon Cay was going to be another early Port Day and we knew we would be out in the sun all day so I wanted a good night of rest

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014342_zps18650ece.jpg

Our towel friend waiting for us

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014343_zps81fa3659.jpg

Dad's bed

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014344_zps7e567692.jpg

Dad looked like he was ready for bed

Well as you can tell Grand Turk was absolutely wonderful. We truly enjoyed our day at Margaritaville. And I can't wait to do it again....I need to start looking at Spring 2015 itineraries that stop in Grand Turk.

So that is the end of Day #4 onboard the Carnival Pride. Next day would bring us to Half Moon Cay....another little slice of paradise

yea you do.. lol... may 16th on the glory.. stops back in GT and HMC..heheh!!

I absolutely love your reviews! If you are looking for a spring cruise, how about March 8 on the Liberty out of Cape Canaveral? Think how good it would be to get out of Chicago in March !! (We used to live in Chicago, so I know what I'm talking about!) Also, I love tea time and would love to go with you. I have gone by myself before and it was ok, but definately better with friends.

That sucks about Tea Time! I would have sat with you! Grand Turk looks beautiful, and the pool looks fab! I'm a sucker for a great pool. We'll be stopping in GT in 2016, I'll have to check it out.

Happy belated anniversary to your mom and dad! We had that exact same cake for our 15th anniversary on the Magic back in April. The first one tasted like onions, so the chef refunded our money and gave us a new one. It was tasty. :)

Still enjoying your review!

Another great Brianna cruise review, with your twin aka mom included this time! It's very sweet of you to treat to parents to an anniversay cruise. I always say that daughters give the best anniversay presents. I keep throwing hints to my boys about Alaska, not sure they are getting the idea though. :p

You are on the only ship that I have cruised on twice. I really like the Pride not to big or small. I can't wait for her to get the 2.0 upgrades though, just for Guy's Burgers and The Alchemy Bar.

Thank You so much. It was great to have my mom with us and with them able to celebrate their anniversary onboard was just a bonus.

Haha....the Pride is the first ship in Carnival's fleet that I have cruised on twice as well. It is fun doing a different ship every time because then it's always a surprise of what you will see. I'm sure the 2.0 upgrades will make the Pride even better than what she is now