Time back to ship on port days?

How early do we need to be back to the ship on port days? We're on Vision on Sept. 16 Vancouver-Alaska-L.A. We're working through our plans for the shore days, and in all the FAQs I've looked at, I've never seen the answer to this question.

For example, our first shore day is 7A-3P in Victoria. Is that 3P when we need to be back to the ship, or is it when the ship departs? If the latter, how soon do we need to plan to be back to the ship?

Thanks,

Michael

How early do we need to be back to the ship on port days? We're on Vision on Sept. 16 Vancouver-Alaska-L.A. We're working through our plans for the shore days, and in all the FAQs I've looked at, I've never seen the answer to this question.

For example, our first shore day is 7A-3P in Victoria. Is that 3P when we need to be back to the ship, or is it when the ship departs? If the latter, how soon do we need to plan to be back to the ship?

Thanks,

Michael

The time stated is always the time the ship sets sail. You have to be back onboard latest half an hour before usually. The exact time to be back is always stated in the cruise compass and at the gangway again. But usually it´s half an hour before sailaway.

I always plan to be back no later than 1 hour unless on a ships tour, this way I still have a little time for something unexpected.

As mentioned above, you should be back onboard the ship at a minimum of 30 minutes before the stated departure time. I prefer not to cut it that close. Be sure you know if ship time and port time are the same or different and always keep your watch on ship time if it differs.

I always determine when to be back at the dock by how far we are going. When we were in the Mediterranean, Rome and Florence were a distance from the dock so i made a point to be back a minimum of an hour before we were due to sail. However, if I am in walking distance of the dock, I just plan to be at the dock at whatever time we have been told to be back.

All the above post are correct. Ships wants everyone back on board 30-minutes before sailing.

I would plan on an least an hour or more depending on port of call and other conditions. Saw some almost miss the ship because of a traffic tie-up caused by an accident.

If taking a ship's tour you will be OK as they will hold the ship until all tours are back.

Archived