Changes to Solstice in 2015?

fuinseog

We will be sailing Celebrity for the first time May 1 of 2015 (Alaska). Looking at the Solstice deck plans, there is one set until April 20, 2015, then another set for dates May 1, 2015 - April 26, 2016. Since the Solstice is sailing Apr 20-May 1, this isn't going to be a dry dock change. I am not familiar enough with the S class ships to really notice any difference in the deck plans. Anyone know if there is truly going to be something changed?

Thanks!

We will be sailing Celebrity for the first time May 1 of 2015 (Alaska). Looking at the Solstice deck plans, there is one set until April 20, 2015, then another set for dates May 1, 2015 - April 26, 2016. Since the Solstice is sailing Apr 20-May 1, this isn't going to be a dry dock change. I am not familiar enough with the S class ships to really notice any difference in the deck plans. Anyone know if there is truly going to be something changed?

Thanks!

Hi Fuinseog,

The biggest item that's likely to change in 2015, is the addition of a Dining Room for Suite Guests in the MDR. A portion of the MDR will be carved out as a separate dining venue for suite guests.

I have not heard anything about deck plan changes for Solstice, but Celebrity has tweaked categories on occasion. Perhaps something is in the works for 2015, but that remains to be seen.

Hope this helps !

Hi Fuinseog,

The biggest item that's likely to change in 2015, is the addition of a Dining Room for Suite Guests in the MDR. A portion of the MDR will be carved out as a separate dining venue for suite guests.

I have not heard anything about deck plan changes for Solstice, but Celebrity has tweaked categories on occasion. Perhaps something is in the works for 2015, but that remains to be seen.

Hope this helps !

I understand the driving force is profit, etc. It is "pay to play" in the future, even in the "Main" dining room.

Hi Fuinseog,

Hope this helps !

That does help; thank you! I wonder if that factored into the early MDR seating being full already. It seemed like there were many staterooms still available, but that seating is already wait listed.

I was hoping they weren't going to get rid of Bistro on Five to make room for the suite dining. It seems like the bistro would be a nice option to have.

That does help; thank you! I wonder if that factored into the early MDR seating being full already. It seemed like there were many staterooms still available, but that seating is already wait listed.

I was hoping they weren't going to get rid of Bistro on Five to make room for the suite dining. It seems like the bistro would be a nice option to have.

Hi Fuinseog,

My guess is, Celebrity isn't eliminating Bistro on Five anytime soon. Though they have recently raised Bistro's surcharge to $7 per person, several members have reported new menu additions, and I'm hearing they are quite good. I'm looking forward to sampling the new menu items this November.

Could be the reason or now:confused: My suggestion to you is to contact Celebrity and be wait-listed for early dining if that is what you really want. Between now and your sailing, there's likely several who will cancel before final payment.