St John's Excursion

disneycampingmom

Hi Everyone,

We are sailing on The Mariner on Oct 2, I am very interested in booking the St. John Island Excursion or the St. John Beach Excursion ,does anyone have a recommendation?

Also just realized both of these tours do not leave until 1:15 pm and they are both 4 1/2 hour tours. The ship leaves St. Thomas at 6pm. Will we be rushed to get back to the ship? Also we are scheduled for 1 st seating at dinner, will we have time to get ready?

Looking for suggestions or should we just do a tour in St. Thomas earlier in the day?

Thanks,

Cindy

We did the ship's St. John's Beach tour and plan to do it again. St. John is the most beautiful place I've ever been to. You will love it! There are posts on these boards that can give you directions to go there on your own so you could go in the morning. If you take the ship's tour, the ship will wait for you before leaving. We also have main seating and it was a little rushed to get ready in time but we made it. The benefit of taking their tour is that they have a boat that picks you up at the pier and brings you back. It's so easy. But the negative part is you only get an hour and half on the beach. You will read that to do it on your own you need to take a cab to the ferry (and they only run once each hour) and then another cab when you get to St. John's to Trunk Bay. And you may have waits for the ferry. I like the convenience of the ship's tour for this one! But which everway you decide, St. John's Trunk Bay is a must see! Enjoy your cruise!

Empress of the Seas 10/10/05

Mariner of the Seas 10/04

Navigator of the Seas 9/03

We were just there in July. (Trunk Bay) We used the ships excursion. It also left at 1:00. It was a little rushed for early dinner but SOOO worth it. One of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. We were only there a couple of hours. I did not see any chairs-but most people were in the water. The path from the parking lot was no problem. Its paved and part wood. We went shopping in the morning. Took a taxi to and from town. I would do this excursion again in a second. Our only complaint was it was not long enough. Have fun!!

Archived