British Airways Heathrow Walk-out

cruiseguy2

Wow wow wow! It has been very bad over here at London Heathrow airport. The unoffical strike started on Thursday, and I had a flight that was leaving tomorrow. My first flight was cancelled, so I spoke to many people and they said "You're going on standby". So, I talked to people sitting next to me and I had an interesting conversation with a nice businesswoman next to me. She and I actually both attended the same conference in London! Well, we talked and talked for a couple hours waiting and waiting. Then, we said this whole thing is out of control. Then I got an idea just go book a flight out of Gatwick! Well, Gatwick doesn't fly to O'Hare so I booked a flight to Atlanta. So, the business woman and I got some transportation arranged and got to Gatwick and were on our way to Atlanta. I think we arrived at about 4:50pm and now I am trying to find options for a flight from here to O'Hare. Oh well, it looks like I'll be spending the night.

But, I think British Airways was doing a pretty good job of handling everything in London. They were giving out drinks, sandwiches, and other things.

-Chris

I just read somewhere the British Airways said that they'd refund you the airfare if you purchased a one-way ticket on another airline to complete your travel. I don't know how easy it'd be to get a one-way ticket with everyone else doing the same, but yoou might want to ask if you're still at the airport.

Just another example of unions doing what they do best....screw the world, regardless of repercussions for others!

Face it.....no one has a right to a job. You earn the job, you earn your salary. If you think you are worth more.....go find another job that pays such a salary as you demand.

I finally got home via Delta Airlines from Atlanta to Chicago in the morning today. I also called up British Airways today and they refunded the flight from Gatwick to Atlanta and $225 flight credit from Atlanta to Chicago. The flight from ATL to ORD was $260! Well, thank goodness it was a business trip as the company paid for it.

-Chris

Archived