Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk

winddawn

That storm is long gone... I'm sure port calls have been resumed.

According to CC's article, Carnival Pride did not call in Half Moon Cay yesterday, so I would still like to know when port calls will resume there and in Grand Turk meaning the storm damage and beach erosion left in the wake of the storm have been repaired.

I understand that storm has long gone up the coast, but that doesn't mean the damage has been repaired. They don't just cancel port calls when hazardous weather is imminent or occurring. They also cancel port calls due to resulting storm damage.

According to CC's article, Carnival Pride did not call in Half Moon Cay yesterday, so I would still like to know when port calls will resume there and in Grand Turk meaning the storm damage and beach erosion left in the wake of the storm have been repaired.

I understand that storm has long gone up the coast, but that doesn't mean the damage has been repaired. They don't just cancel port calls when hazardous weather is imminent or occurring. They also cancel port calls due to resulting storm damage.

I wasn't aware Tropical Storms caused high amounts of damage? To me, it's the perfect time to hit the beach.

We are headed on 9/1 on Carnival Victory, and wondering the same thing. I am hoping Half Moon Cay just got a drenching with no damage to structures (cabanas). I have on rented for Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Me too! It sounds like there will be 2 ships (hopefully) in HMC on Wednesday because Freedom calls at HMC on Wednesday too. I also have a cabana booked.

Edit: I checked and it looks like Victory is scheduled to be at HMC on Thursday after Freedom calls there on Wednesday next week. Crossing fingers it works out.

Edited by winddawn