Review of Magic with pics from a long time lurker!!

canyonfarrier

^^THIS a few thousand times over! As a step-daughter who had a loving Dad 'step' in when I was about your girls age, you're nearly making me cry! Your love for them (and their Mom, your Princess) is so apparent!

One day, when they are wives themselves (a long, long, loooong time from now), they will thank you for the love you're showing them and their Mom now.

That aside, I'm loving your review! Keep posting! DH and I are sailing the Magic in February and I can't get enough!

Thank you for the comments. The only thing that prevented this from being the ultimate cruise was my daughter (biological) not being with us. It just wasn't doable this time.

I am seriously considering this exact itinerary and ship so I am looking forward to reading more. My kids will be on their first cruise and they will be 12 and 10...girl and boy, but close like your 2 girls. I can see them teaming together and leaving me alone (single mom) but that'll be just fine, sometimes kids need bonding time.

LOVE the shirt!!! Its so dang true!!

As far as the ports....you stated you have been to them a few times now....anything you DO NOT suggest that just wasn't good or simply not safe, such as roaming in Belize, thank you for that.

I do have a few suggestions about that.

First, I took the deep sea fishing excursion in Cozumel one time a few years ago. I believe it was 2007. We did not catch anything and were packed onto a tiny fishing boat like sardines. It was rather miserable. There were people on it from two different cruise ships.

I fully understand that there is no way to guarantee catching fish, but dang, it was really a miserable time with so many of us packed on there.

Perhaps it has changed? It certainly can't be a bad thing all of the time. There are several good reviews on the Carnival and RCCL sites of the same outfit.

Anyway, for me, it was just not a good time.

My favorite, by far, excursion so far in Cozumel is Isla Passion. They used to simply call it passion island. I have done this two different times and had a blast. It is an open bar/food type of deal and is really beautiful. The food has always been really good.

There are many things for the kids to do and an abundance of shopping. Haggle/negotiate with the merchants soliciting you on the beach. It is super fun to see just how much they will discount things right before you are leaving. Trust me, they will storm off with a sour face when you make an offer, only to come back an hour later with a compromise. I am convinced that they make their money on folks that won't haggle.

Anyway, passion island is my favorite so far. The most fun aspect to it, is the lack of sober folks on the catamaran ride back to the ship. That is a hoot.

Furthermore, as far as Cozumel is concerned, I personally think it is a great port for shopping. Princess has been there twice and shopped for several hours both times. There are enough shops and variety of goods to keep you busy.

In Belize, I have ALWAYS been warned to not venture out of the shopping/port area unless an organized excursion is booked. Try the temple ruins there. I have done that at a couple of different ports and I never cease to be amazed at the history. For this trip to Belize, we didn't get off of the ship.

In Roatan, they will probably warn you before arrival about venturing out on your own. They have always done that for me, so I am going to guess that there is a real problem with tourists and muggings etc, although I have never personally seen anything suspicious.

I have done a couple of different beaches over the years in Roatan. Always a great time. The monkey encounter and eco-park tour/beach are pretty cool as well. As a matter of fact, Roatan is one of my favorite ports. On that note, Jamaica (any part of it) is my least favorite.

Hope that helps you out a bit. Have a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...