Riverside Hotel FLL

MTinGA

I have read reviews at Trip advisor...I just wanted to know if it was worth the extra money to stay at Riverside hotel precruise to be right at Las Olas. Has anyone ever stayed here to visit this area? Or would I be better off just getting a room around port and taxi in by water taxi or regular taxi? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Riverside is very nice, but do keep in mind that there are 2 very different parts to that hotel. There's the old "classic" hotel that's not for everyone, and then there's a new modern tower. The location is spectacular, right at the beginning of Las Olas Blvd. with all it's shops and restaurants right there. There's a water taxi stop at the hotel, and a Cheesecake Factory on the ground floor! What more could one want? ;)

I appreciate so much the help you and Bequia bring to us about the S Florida area. I know you probably get sooooo tired of the same old questions, but it really means a lot when we get help. I think since we do not get to S Florida except when we cruise that we might try Riverside. Thanks again!

Mt,

Go for the Riverside you wont be disappointed. The location is great for walking and people watching.

As Trent has stated make sure you get a room in the new tower as they are very nice. The rooms in the original section are dated but functional.

mcboo:)

Since my Mother lives in Ft. L, I never stay in a hotel, however, we often go to the Riverside for lunch in one of their two restaurants. However, neither has been a Cheesecake factory - one is their formal Grill Room restaurant and the other is an upscale, casual place. I forget the name, but unless it's changed in the last 6 months, it's not Cheesecake.

I agree that it's a fabulous area to stay in.

Jane

Another great hotel that we've found is called: The Pillars at New River Sound in FLL. It's part of the Small Luxury Hotel consortium (www.slh.com). They have rooms and suites and a water taxie that stops right at the property. What we like is that it's in a quite neighborhood area. We booked it for pre and post cruise night, but may check out the Riverside. It's 3m to Port Everglades. They also have transportation packages if you are interested. Happy cruising!

I have read reviews at Trip advisor...I just wanted to know if it was worth the extra money to stay at Riverside hotel precruise to be right at Las Olas. Has anyone ever stayed here to visit this area? Or would I be better off just getting a room around port and taxi in by water taxi or regular taxi? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

We have stayed there for one night prior to getting a taxi down to Miami. Great location; One can walk to everything. Next door there is a great Sushi place. A block away there is a cafe/live music dancing place called "Mango". Lots of locals as well as tourists.

In Miami, we enjoyed hanging out on the pedestrian street near the Ritz Carlton South Beach. Lots of good restaurants. The "Mango" place in South Beach was about 20 minutes walk from the Ritz Carlton, and wilder than the one in Fort Lauderdale!

Enjoy!

Archived