Train or air to port

cbreit

I've been thinking about taking a train from RI to FL for our cruise in December. Anyone ever done this? Flying isn't my favorite thing to do, but taking a train seems like an awful long way to get there.

The train is good if you plan to arrive a day or two early. Right now Amtrak is doing a special 25% off cruise and rail deal. I love the train, if I ever do an Alaskan cruise I plan to take the train up to Vancouver.

Several hours late is basically ontime for Amtrak :)

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Amtrak/am2Copy/Hot_Deals_Page&c=am2Copy&cid=1084986530895&ssid=224

The train is good if you plan to arrive a day or two early. Right now Amtrak is doing a special 25% off cruise and rail deal. I love the train, if I ever do an Alaskan cruise I plan to take the train up to Vancouver.

Several hours late is basically ontime for Amtrak :)

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Amtrak/am2Copy/Hot_Deals_Page&c=am2Copy&cid=1084986530895&ssid=224

We took the train from Seattle to Vancouver last year. What a wonderful trip! Scenery was fantastic! :eek:

If you plan to train-it from RI to Fla. plan on a few days to rest up! Did it some years ago, when we were younger, with the kids to Disneyworld. It was exhausting. DH was able to sleep, but there was a lady who was drunk and she kept yelling all night keeping everyone, but DH, awake! When we ginally got off the train in Orlando we were EXHAUSTED! :(

i love amtrack! if you have the time and plan to arrive at least a day early (always my recommedation even if driving or flying), do take the train and see the country! i have trained many times from cleveland to boston to washington on down to orlando!

IMOP Train is the only way to go. Very relaxing as I treat it as part of my vacation not as a way to get somewhere else. So all of my cruises begin when I lock the front door of the house. Limo to the train, train to the city of departure and always arriving a day before the depareture date for the cruise. That way being late is just part of the deal. Comfortable seats, nice views and always interesting people in the dining car and at your seat if you do not take a room or rommette.

I am taking a NYC to LA cruise in Jan. and have booked a four day train ride home to Boston on the Texas Eagle and the Lakeshore Limited. Really looking forward to the entire journey - train, cruise and train again.

Archived