trip insurrance

alhohen

My wife and I both have elderly parents. What we really need is trip insurrance in case one of them gets sick and we have to cancel or worse leave in mid-cruise. The insurrance that I looked at only seemed interested in the two principal travelors. Does anyone know of a specific policy that would cover cancellation for parents not traveling? Thanks.

Go to insuremytrip.com and compare policies. It is my understanding that most insurance companies will cover you if you have to cancel when it's a problem with an immediate family member even if they aren't travelling. If your parents have any current health problems (and even if they don't) you should make sure you get coverage for pre-existing conditions. With many if not most policies, you get this automatically as long as you buy the insurance within the specified time frame (usually 15-21 days) after making your deposit.

Archived