Considering Mexican Riveria

jmcruiser

BTW Karen.....hope you get that link working so I can check out the cruise pics. I'm still sorry I missed our last get-together. I was at the art auction (yawn) and ended up winning the raffle so I had to wait to give them my info...by the time I was done, I figured you all had left...Gary and Nita told me later that you were still there....

and btw, you were an excellent organizer! I'll let you balance my checkbook any day!:)

Karen- When are you going to Vegas? I take my boat or jet skis out to Lake Mead every few weeks.

Sept 8-11. I found a super cheap flight and just had to go!! e-mail me and I'll send you more info and pictures.

Boy, I sure wish I was planning another trip to the MR on the Star. Looking at the pictures reminds me how great it was! (too bad you can't see them...) I guess I can't cry--Hawaii is supposed to be an ok place;)

I'm happy to hear such glowing reports from those who've been on this itinerary! I'm booked for Thanksgiving week and it will be my first NCL cruise but am very excited to try something new :)

Does anyone have recommendations for excursions in Ixtapa & Alcapulco? Last time we went we just wandered around by foot, but thought we'd like to book something this trip~ We're taking our 14 y/o dtr with us this trip (school break) but it sounds like the ship & crew have things for the teens to do (hope so!). Have met another group on CC going on this trip, but there doesn't seem to be any others joining in the roll call - just a few of us. :(

Appreciate this thread~

My daughter was 15 last year on the cruise and had a great time with the teen group. They have a nice teen meeting room, and spent a lot of time in there. My daughter can't wait to go again....this time she is bringing along a friend.

Acapulco wouldn't be my choice for just walking around without any plans. We negotiated with a cab driver for a tour and then did the Shotover boat ride. In Ixtapa we walked down to the right of the pier and found a beautiful beach with a bar and a great view of the ship.

Kelly..I speak Spanish fluently so it was easy for me to negotiate an all day cab, so in Mexico, I never book excursions thru the ship because they're much more expensive than one can plan on their own. In Acapulco I hired a driver for $80 all day for 4 of us...we went from 11am-9pm. He took us all over the entire city, visiting some beautiful hotels (Princess and the Mayan Palace), La Quebrada to se the cliff divers, the Fort of San Diego (directly across the street from where the ship docks), etc. The only thing I would do differetly would be to go on the Shotover Jet ride...it looked like alot of fun.

In Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo we hired a cab and walked the main strips of those cities, and hung out at the beach...they have some beautiful beaches...so does Cabo where my daughter parasailed and we did the banana boat thing.

You're in for a great time on this itinerary!

Archived