Has anyone done this excursion?

gardiner41

Water Caye Tropical Island Getaway

It is in Belize. I can't find anything on this Caye.

We went to Lamanai Ruins in January on the Jewel and I want to snorkel this time..but DH is a non swimmer.

This is an Island beach break, with the Barrier Reef right there so he can relax on the beach while I snorkel.

But I am having trouble finding any details on the little island.

Anyone?

Water Caye Tropical Island Getaway

It is in Belize. I can't find anything on this Caye.

We went to Lamanai Ruins in January on the Jewel and I want to snorkel this time..but DH is a non swimmer.

This is an Island beach break, with the Barrier Reef right there so he can relax on the beach while I snorkel.

But I am having trouble finding any details on the little island.

Anyone?

I think this is may be the same as South Water Caye in Belize. I googled it and found it on Trip Advisor, sister site of Cruise Critic. The reviews there gave it nearly all perfect scores. Lots of info there.

That is what I am thinking as well. I did the same thing as you I am a Top contributor on TA. If this is the case it will be perfect..but I have learned not to presume ...the hard way lol.

Hopefully someone who has done it will respond and confirm if this is the case.

:)

It might not be South Water Caye. There is a Water Caye which is 511 acres in size according to the web site Private Islands for sale. South Water Caye is only 14 Acres in size. Water Caye also has a resort on it.

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/water-caye

Also South Water Caye is way south of Belize City, atleast 50 miles, probably more. Water Caye is only 10 miles from Belize City.

Edited by RDC1

That is what I am thinking as well. I did the same thing as you I am a Top contributor on TA. If this is the case it will be perfect..but I have learned not to presume ...the hard way lol.

Hopefully someone who has done it will respond and confirm if this is the case.

:)

Try a search on Cruise Critic itself. I found a thread from 12-28-13 titled NCL Beach Break Now at Water Caye. It does seem that this Caye is not the same as South Water Caye, unfortunately. I also found references to this excursion by Carnival and Royal Caribbean cruisers, so you might find info on those boards as well. Houseflipper48 noted on 12-28-13 that there was a mushy bottom, no fish, limited snorkeling area. Good luck in your search.