Bringing my nephew along...

Coolauntangie

I am taking a 7 day on the Dream in. June, 2015. My DD(10) and I would like to take my nephew (11) along and I am wondering what paperwork besides his passport I need to have so he can travel with us and without his parents. Can someone send me I the right path.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am remarried and travel with my DD from first marriage so our names do not match. I always travel with a notarized letter from her dad stating the dates and place we are going. In your case you will also need a letter allowing you to get medical attention for your nephew if it was needed. I have never been asked for the letter from my ex but the law requires me to have it. Now the letter for medical care is different... My mother was keeping my DD while we were gone when she was younger and she got sick. The dr could not see her without a letter even though she knew who my mom was because she generally went with us to the dr. Fortunately she was able to get ahold of my ex and get a letter to the dr. Better safe than sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am remarried and travel with my DD from first marriage so our names do not match. I always travel with a notarized letter from her dad stating the dates and place we are going. In your case you will also need a letter allowing you to get medical attention for your nephew if it was needed. I have never been asked for the letter from my ex but the law requires me to have it. Now the letter for medical care is different... My mother was keeping my DD while we were gone when she was younger and she got sick. The dr could not see her without a letter even though she knew who my mom was because she generally went with us to the dr. Fortunately she was able to get ahold of my ex and get a letter to the dr. Better safe than sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What law is that?