1388 on Explorer

junebug05

Posted this on the Royal Caribbean board also, but I thought I might see what folks have to say over here also.....:D

My husband and I are sailing on the Explorer on 10/23-30. We were originally booked in cabin #9576 (a balcony cabin), but when I went onto the Royal Caribbean website yesterday, cabin #1388 (corner aft balcony) was available so I grabbed it thinking I remembered hearing that it was a great cabin. A couple of questions.... 1- Did we make a wise choice? The upgrade was a couple of hundred dollars- worth it??? and 2- Will they let just the 2 of us be in that cabin? I thought I had read somewhere that they only let 3 or more people book it, but my reservation has only the 2 of us and nothing was said when I booked it yesterday.

Thanks for your help:)

J

junebug05--

Bonnie Voyager has some great pictures of that cabin! #1388 is the same as #1688 just on the other corner! Supposedly the same size as a junior suite with a large balcony to boot!! Only drawback is the pole by the foot of the bed. Just have to watch out after a few mango tangos ;) or in the middle of the night :).

http://community.webshots.com/album/42736707mJbKZS

We've got the opposite corner cabin #1688 next June. Let us know when you return what you thought!

I can't help about the # of people in the cabin--but I wouldn't think the website would have let you reserve it unless you had the right # of people.

I'm not sure about the number of people, but the cabin itself will be great!!! We had 1688 on the July 17-24th cruise. It was my DH, my two 13 year old daughters and myself. The balcony is like having an extra room, if DH or I were in the room, we were out on the balcony. The pole was not really a problem, we all quickly adjusted to it and just about forgot it was there. Have a wonderful time!

megemsmom---

Can you tell me how much room there is when the sofa bed is pulled out? Is there room to walk around it or am I going to have to climb over my DS to get to the balcony :)! My DS is a teenager and I'm sure there will be plenty of sleeping in on his part!

Archived