QV stateroom 5180 question

bandmp

We have just had room assignment to 5180 on Queen Victoria. The location looks great - is the balcony covered?

Thanks -:)Mary

No & you have a great large balcony in fact its twice the size of the others in that grade.

We have just had room assignment to 5180 on Queen Victoria. The location looks great - is the balcony covered?

Thanks -:)Mary

Hi Mary,

There is a balcony directly above yours, if that is what you mean, so yes, your balcony is "covered" or has a "roof". I know that on some ships (Princess "Grand Class"etc for example) some balconies have no deck (or "roof") directly above them), but that is not the case here. 5180 has a darkened glass front to the lower half (ie it is not a "sheltered balcony" with a steel lower half as seen primarily on QM2). It is a standard size Britannia Grade balcony cabin judging by the deck plans I'm looking at.

Enjoy your time on board, Bon Voyage! :)

Edited by pepperrn

No & you have a great large balcony in fact its twice the size of the others in that grade.

Can you please explain how that balcony is twice the size of others? I have 5084 on a future cruise and, looking at the deck plan, it looks the same as 5180 and its not obvious to me how those balconies are any bigger than others. Am I missing something? Is it any different than a higher deck Britannia balcony on QM2?

Can you please explain how that balcony is twice the size of others? I have 5084 on a future cruise and, looking at the deck plan, it looks the same as 5180 and its not obvious to me how those balconies are any bigger than others. Am I missing something? Is it any different than a higher deck Britannia balcony on QM2?
My Apologies to the poster & readers 0f this board I am wrong its 4180 on the Q.V. that has the bigger balcony & not 5180

We have just been assigned our cabin too, also on deck 5. Very pleased!

Are you going to be on the Oct 8th med cruise on QV? If so, there is a very quiet roll call for the cruise and it would be lovely to have you join us.

Sarah

You will find that the mid-ship balconies on deck 5 are quite a bit smaller than those on other decks. They also have some shade from the overlap on deck 6. This is due to the lifeboats and affects even the unobscured cabins. I had 5112 - an obscured cabin - but could see that the unobscured cabins were the same depth.