summit review 8/5-alaska

nancybruce5

We sailed Summit July 8-15. While I do remember noticing that the chairs in the Rendevouz Lounge were dirty and shabby and should be replaced, I don't remember noticing that about anything else.

Our stateroom was wonderful as was the Theater, the Martini Bar and the Dining Room. We only walked through the Cova Cafe, but it looked fine to me. Also, the Fitness Center and Spa areas were lovely.

We didn't visit the Tower at all so I can't comment on that. As for the pool area. Well, it's Alaska and it was rainy, foggy and cool, so we didn't spend any time there.

I do have to say I hated the art work (heads) they have displayed on the mid-ship stairwells, talk about odd, but to me that's not a factor at all in my cruise experience.

Anne Maria

I dont remember actually saying I didnt like my cruise???? I made comments regarding the cruise ship and my experiance... isnt that what this is designed to do...Obviously you werent on the ship, so I guess it would be hard for you to see first hand the condition.... perhaps your friends arent as observant as I.. I didnt come on this web site and give my opinion and expect comments as rude as yours.. perhaps you could find a better way to use your time

I never said you didn't enjoy your CRUISE, just the Celebrity experience. You don't KNOW when I was last on Summit do you? AND last but certainly NOT least, my comments were in no way rude and you don't need to insult me RUDELY either! :mad:

we had a fabulous time on our cruise tour started in fairbanks on july 31 spent the day on our own and then started our cruise tour on monday 8-1 the entire 13 days was wonderful the weather was beyond compare didn't need our heavy clothing or foul weathe gear even once but i guess better to be prepared than not the land part was excellent even the 7 hrs in denali on an old blue bird bus made some nice new friends who we were able to sit with on the summit the river boat discovery and the el dorado mines were enjoyable and not as hokey as we feared denali and talkeetna were very worthwhile though we cancelled the mt mckinley flyer with glacier landing because the weather on the mt not good no problem with full refund enjoyed the trips on the train to denali and talkeetna and the bus ride on thursday to anchorage and again on friday to seward were execeelent driver steve and guide nancy were both friendly, knowledgeable, and fun boarded at 3:15 took about 3 minutes one suitcase at our room even before us and the other 2 within 5 minutes and yes the bubbly as you board is a nice touch the entire week of cruising was wonderful highlight probably juneau because did 2 great excursions one was 2 hr helicopter and mendenhall landing and then in the afternoon a several hr canoe paddle to mendenhall the salmon bake after not too good we tried it and then had our late seating meal with our table mates in skagway we took the train up and the bus down with a stop in liarsville and that part(about 1 hr) was too hokey but we did not want to do roundtrip on the train ketchikan was float plane was exhilerating but jeanne and i are a bit wimpy and as it was the first day of good weather in about a month the pilot really took advantage to go soaring it was a bit bouncy once we were over the peaks and it is vey cramped the lake landing in misty fjiords was great and i would suggest this trip but it is not for the very squeamish we were in a cc cabin port side and midships vey nice and the steward was wonderful food was better than i had last feb on the connie ok so the chairs in the martini bar all need to be replaced and some of the decking needs to be restained but she is still a beautiful ship we like theatre and go about 8 times a yr in boston but we enjoy the evenning entertainment and felt that the celebrity singers and dancers on board this sailing were the best we have experienced in our cruising(8 times) we are booked on millie this feb school break as well as feb 2007 that one is an aft cabin on deck 8(only 4 yrs to go till jeanne retires from teaching and then no more school break trips) last day was spent in vancouver waiting for our red eye home was very beautiful and made a purchase of a beautiful piece of art work a carving based on the raven tale of stealing the sun should be ariving via ups any day now will be glad to answer any questions and yes i do know how to punctuate but with email i do not (that is really for mass ahoy who was glad to meet me and at least heard me talk with punctuation

p.s. celebrity messed up the cc party held last sea day:)

I was on the same cruise and did not find the ship shabby at all. Weather was beautiful all week so we were very fortunate. It was like the Caribbean with mountains. We also did a pre cruise tour which was great. I think you miss out on a lot of Alaska by not doing a pre or post cruise tour. Whether you tour on your own or arranged with Celebrity, do it and make time for it if you are able. The only other ships that I have been that were prettier than the Summit were the Carnival Spirit and the Radiance of the Seas. For those planning on cruising on the Summit don't hesitat, it is a real nice ship.

hi wcal sorry we didn't meet up i did not mean to imply that the ship is shabby but all of the chairs in martini bar were badly frayed around the arms and a lot of the decking was in need of refinishing and i n our bathroom some of the tiling needed to be recaulked but we had a great time and love celebrity:)

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a Southbound Cruise on the Summit ( 8/19 ) to Vancouver.

For a ship that has been in drydock twice this year - I have to agree that there seems to be a fair bit of fabric wear in many parts of ths ship. Hard to believe this has occurred since January.

I did not see missing tiles or unstained teak however.

Our cabin 6048 did have fairly grungy grout in the shower and we will be writing to Celebrity about that. A little Tilex or CLR goes a long way.

There was one Shower in the Men''s sauna that was out of order the entire cruise.

Other than that - we had no real issues at all

Our cabin 6048 did have fairly grungy grout in the shower and we will be writing to Celebrity about that. A little Tilex or CLR goes a long way.

Yes, there is NO excuse for THAT!!! :mad: Housekeeping should have been made aware of that from the git go, did you tell them while on board???

Yes, there is NO excuse for THAT!!! :mad: Housekeeping should have been made aware of that from the git go, did you tell them while on board???

I wore flip flops or showered in the Sauna - You are right - I should have said something but our Cabin Attendant was fantastic as far as everything else was concerned. The only thing that confused me was the nightly weather report on the pillow - NO DATES

Archived