Dinner reso and kids bailing

Kkross

Fortunately my 16 yr old daughter will have no part of your drinking and smoking sons. She will be in her cabin with her 19 yr old boyfriend reading and playing board games :) And I know they aren't drinking or smoking because my daughter is responsible and would never do anything to harm the baby. :)

Lol...while reading their bible?

Edited by Kkross

Lol...while reading their bible?

Oh is that while she is always in her room yelling "Oh God" *LOL*

Ya know God does have a sense of humor. Some of the biggest "I would never let my child" parents get the biggest surprises of their lives. *LOL*

Edited by babyher

Haha! Possibly

Ya know God does have a sense of humor. Some of the biggest "I would never let my child" parents get the biggest surprises of their lives. *LOL*

That right there my friend is the truth!

That right there my friend is the truth!

Woman I worked with made remarks about other people's kids and how other people raise their kids that would make some of the people here look like amateurs .

All three of her kids ended up "doing her proud" (insert sarcasm here :)

Woman I worked with made remarks about other people's kids and how other people raise their kids that would make some of the people here look like amateurs .

All three of her kids ended up "doing her proud" (insert sarcasm here :)

As the Biblical saying goes, "Pride cometh before the fall".:D

Kkross, I love the direction that this thread has taken. I would be proud to cruise with you and your kids. Keep smiling, never let the judgmental ones drag your spirit down.

Well thank you Paul. :). I have been called worse things than a bad parent, trust me! Are my kids perfect? Absolutely not! Will they ever be perfect? Absolutely not! My 12 yo is a sassy preteen. And my 19 yo is a know-it-all. But they are my children. And I'll love them even if they don't want to have dinner with me.

I'm child #6 out of 7. Not one of my siblings, parents OR even myself have spent time in jail and/or prison. So, there is promise for my 2 children.

Happy sailings!! :)

Well thank you Paul. :). I have been called worse things than a bad parent, trust me! Are my kids perfect? Absolutely not! Will they ever be perfect? Absolutely not! My 12 yo is a sassy preteen. And my 19 yo is a know-it-all. But they are my children. And I'll love them even if they don't want to have dinner with me.

I'm child #6 out of 7. Not one of my siblings, parents OR even myself have spent time in jail and/or prison. So, there is promise for my 2 children.

Add me to the people who would love to cruise with you and your kids . Mine are all in their 20s and doing very well Thank God. All 4 of them never gave me REAL trouble .

That doesn't , mean they couldn't be major PITA's and gave me my share of grey hair. But thank God no arrests, teen pregnancies, drugs, expelled from school.etc

All stuff you can look back on and laugh about now. :)

I would book reservations for just the 2 of you and add the kids last minute. We have never had a problem adding people to our table. We are Diamond Plus and get a BOGO on the first night. I always book 1 person and add others upon boarding. My daughter and her husband decided to join us last minute last cruise and it was no problem. I also believe you can cancel up to 24 hrs in advance. Hope this helps and hope you enjoy your cruise.

See that's what's great about CC. If you're ever wondering how to dress, act, eat, live your life or raise your kids, some random stranger who has never met you will be along shortly to let you know. :rolleyes:

Kudos to you, OP, for being a good sport about it and not letting the uptight CC hive mind get under your skin. Amazing that so many people here have raised perfectly obedient and docile teens and pre-teens. Those are rare creatures in my experience :D

See that's what's great about CC. If you're ever wondering how to dress, act, eat, live your life or raise your kids, some random stranger who has never met you will be along shortly to let you know. :rolleyes:

Kudos to you, OP, for being a good sport about it and not letting the uptight CC hive mind get under your skin. Amazing that so many people here have raised perfectly obedient and docile teens and pre-teens. Those are rare creatures in my experience :D

I know..... who knew there were so many straight A , honor students , sport stars, first chair classical musicians , who have never drank, smoked, cut school, had sex,talked back. love wearing a tuxedo on vacation.

4 attempts , I sure never got one of these (Ok one DD was always a straight A student, but she is a bigger smart ass and complainer than her mother (my ex) so that kind of cancels it out) *LOL*

I am amazed that a simple question is asked, and the OP gets parenting advice!! Wow.

I suggest making reservations for 2, then when you are sure they are coming, too, call and add them to the reservation. It's a restaurant: this happens all the time.

What she said!

I'm not sure who Kris Kross is, I'm showing my age! so I'm Going to go with a no to this question. Ironically, when getting dressed this morning, I did put my shirt on backwards at first :o

Love your sense of humor. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

I think it is actually better if the kids are not with the parents. No chance of seeing them misbehave after the parents praise them to the sky.

I hear the cruise lines will be holding support meetings for gifted parents whose children let them down.

Its called "I did the best I could" ....what to say when the house of cards falls down and the facade turns to crap"

:):):):rolleyes:

I have to stop reading this message board as I am hurting from laughing so much. Thank you all.