Interbus in Italy

Does anyone have the correct web address for the Interbus service in Italy? I tried www.interbus.it and it is incorrect. I am trying to find our how often buses run from Messina (by the train station, I think) to Taormina? Has anyone done this? Also, is the Greek Theater a reasonable walk from the heart of Taormina town?

We took the ship's "Tarormina on your own" back in 2000.....dropped us off at the foot of the hill. If I remember right, upon walking up the hill and entering this marvelous, beautiful city, the Greek theater is off to the left. There is a ticket office on the left - and from there you are on your own. Absolutely stunning views from the top (restroom up there, too!). Can see Mt. Etna if not too cloudy. Lots of lovely alfresco restaurants down little flower covered streets - just can't say enough about how beautiful Taromina is.

This is a beautiful city and an wonderful alternative to spending the day in Messina (which is a nice enough little town on it's own).

Note that when the ship leaves Messina, you'll most likely have a beautiful view of the volcano on Stromboli (I believe that's the name) - we've seen it twice at night flowing and spitting sparks as we departed from Sicily.

Have a great time.

Archived