Price Drop Surprise!

mmaner72

A email happen to catch my eye today about a reduction in deposit to 50 bucks today for bookings in 2015. Thought I would check my booking for Oct 4th 2015 and found it saving me almost 100 bucks. Emailed my booking agent and got the lower rate. No fuss!

So proud of myself right now. Nothing like saving 100 bucks this early in the game.

A email happen to catch my eye today about a reduction in deposit to 50 bucks today for bookings in 2015. Thought I would check my booking for Oct 4th 2015 and found it saving me almost 100 bucks. Emailed my booking agent and got the lower rate. No fuss!

So proud of myself right now. Nothing like saving 100 bucks this early in the game.

Awesome news!

Great for you

I'm a little confused by this. Does it take $50 off the overall rate? Or do you just not have to pay the full deposit now, but you'll pay it over time?

I am booked for Oct. 2015, and when I looked, the price is exactly the same. I've already paid my $1,000 deposit though (4 people). But would I get $50 knocked off my price? Sorry, don't have a ton of experience with booking this far out and trying to take advantage of price protection.

We decided not to cruise on Carnival this year but, when I received the sale email today I could not believe the prices. Cruises for $120.00, you're kidding me! We had discussed doing a Carnival prior to our RC cruise but, in August I received a notice for the Federal jury pool which made it impossible. Wish I could take advantage of the prices though!

I'm a little confused by this. Does it take $50 off the overall rate? Or do you just not have to pay the full deposit now, but you'll pay it over time?

I am booked for Oct. 2015, and when I looked, the price is exactly the same. I've already paid my $1,000 deposit though (4 people). But would I get $50 knocked off my price? Sorry, don't have a ton of experience with booking this far out and trying to take advantage of price protection.

When the whole switcharoo happened with liberty/valor, the lady I spoke with tried to offer this to me, "well right now your cruise is 50 off deposits, i can give you money back from the deposits you paid...." but all it would have done was put 50 back in my pocket and make what I owed on the cruise 50 more per person. It wouldnt have actually lowered my cruisefare.

No. The email was just about the deposit reduction so that made me go look at rates. I just out of curiosity went to take a look today because I got a email form Carnival. It just so happened the rate went down.

Sorry I wasnt more clear about that. Was just excited to save 100 bucks this early.