Queen Elizabeth Laundry & Dry Cleaning Charges

Snooks123

Hi there,

First post on Cruise Critic forum and first cruise booked next year on Queen Elizabeth.

Could somebody please tell me what the cost is of getting laundry done on board, say for a pair of trousers and a shirt? Not interested in using the self-service laundry.

Also what is the likely charge and turnaround time for having a suit dry cleaned?

Thanks...

Hi there,

First post on Cruise Critic forum and first cruise booked next year on Queen Elizabeth.

Could somebody please tell me what the cost is of getting laundry done on board, say for a pair of trousers and a shirt? Not interested in using the self-service laundry.

Also what is the likely charge and turnaround time for having a suit dry cleaned?

Thanks...

Welcome to Cruise Critic Snooks123!

You can find the price list here:

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/laundry

Turnaround depends on if you want it back same day or the following day.

andhow

Edited by andhow

Dry cleaning prices look very reasonable, laundry not so much. $2.00 for one piece of underwear? $3.75 for a t-shirt or polo shirt? $2.00 for a pair of socks/tights/stockings? Presumably items such as these would just need to laundred and folded, no pressing needed.

Dry cleaning prices look very reasonable, laundry not so much. $2.00 for one piece of underwear? $3.75 for a t-shirt or polo shirt? $2.00 for a pair of socks/tights/stockings? Presumably items such as these would just need to laundred and folded, no pressing needed.
I sent some T-shirts in for laundering on the QE last year, and they came back individually ironed/pressed and hung on wire clothes hangers. I was tempted to send in some socs just to see how they would come back.

We both have special cruise clothing that can easily be hand washed and dried on the deck very quickly so the only things we send to the laundry are DH's tux shirts and they usually come back within two days at the latest.

I went into the self-service laundry once to press a gown that I wanted to wear for a formal night and it was a zoo. Taking a few moment in the morning the hand wash ones things is so much easier and more convenient than either the self-service laundry or the regular laundry. It is also a lot safer. They do fine with tux shirts, but other than that, I don't trust their methods. They once ruined a very nice pair of DH's favorite trousers by washing them instead of dry cleaning them. I even feel better just hanging his tux in the bathroom to steam out the wrinkles rather than sending it to be pressed.

I've had my Tuxedo cleaned and pressed on the QE and I thought they did an excellent job. The dry cleaning people on the Cunard ships probably do more Tuxedos in a week than my favorite local dry cleaner does in a year. They have also done a good job on all of our other clothes that require dry cleaning.

Like others, we hand wash most of our synthetic fabric (cotton takes too long to dry) socks and underware and hang them in the shower to dry over night. Everything else goes to the ships laundry and dry cleaners.

FWIW, we have had the same excellent results on the QM2.

Bob