Alaska from San Fran

cruisinlover1414

Some may cringe at the use of Frisco or San Fran. I cringe at "The City." How special.

Yeah, there's a certain amount of ego there. On the other hand, we do live in perhaps the most beautiful, diverse, cosmopolitan, innovative, and desirable 47 square miles in the USA.

We pay for it, sure, but we do.

"Some may cringe at the use of Frisco or San Fran. I cringe at "The City." How special.

I might as well start calling my town of 2,000 "The Center of the Universe."

P.S.: If I could afford the extra money, I'd go out of San Francisco. Longer is better, and it's actually a pretty nice place."

Jim,

Yes, it is very common for those who live in the suburbs or outskirts of a a major metropolitan area to simply call it the city Nothing grandiose or pompous intended, just what people commonly say. I grew up in NYC and when people who lived in the suburbs wanted to visit, they always said they would meet me in the city. A funny aside... I now live in San Jose, a place larger in area than San Francisco and population as well. No one ever calls San Jose "the city"

Edited by rpcv77
Add quotes

We just did the Alaska cruise out of SF on the Star Princess back in August. We loved it! Sailing under the Golden Gate was well worth the cruise and San Francisco is such a beautiful city, I would recommend you to stay at least a couple of nights pre or post cruise to enjoy SF.

The sea days were a little bit rough and foggy but especially after the intense four days of Alaskan ports, we loved being able to relax after having visited the beautiful land of Alaska.

I've never sailed out of Seattle so can't compare! I can just recommend you to sail out of SF! One of the best sail-aways ever!

Yeah, there's a certain amount of ego there. On the other hand, we do live in perhaps the most beautiful, diverse, cosmopolitan, innovative, and desirable 47 square miles in the USA.

We pay for it, sure, but we do.

That is HIGHLY debatable....a great city, yes BUT.........