Bus in Barbados

boomboom51

Hello all,

I'm wondering if there is anyone with experience riding the Bus in Barbados recently. We were planning on taking the bus to Folkstone when there in April, but opted for thriller instead. Thinking again of Folkstone for Christmas Cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Public transportation in Barbados is very cheap but crowded so get ready to snuggle if is early evenings when locals are getting off work. The private owned busses (booming music and very colorful) are really fun. I spent 10 days in Barbados and rode public transportation almost daily, never had a problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Easy deal...

Exit the terminal through the Gatehouse and walk a short way to Spring Garden Highway. Look for a city bus (or shuttle) marked "out of town" or "Speightstown". Tell the driver you want to go to Folkstone (Holetown) and ask if he'll alert you when to get off. It's a 15-20 minute bus or shuttle ride and costs US$.75.

To return, stand on the opposite side of the street and look for a bus or shuttle marked 'into town' or 'B-town' and tell the driver you want to be dropped off close to the cruise terminal.

You'll have a grand time! :)

What exactly is in Folkstone? We are looking for something to do different in Barbados. Last April we took a tour to the caves and several other spots. Where else could we ride the public buses? It sounds like it would really be fun to ride them. It surely is cheaper than a taxi.

Linda

What exactly is in Folkstone? We are looking for something to do different in Barbados. Last April we took a tour to the caves and several other spots. Where else could we ride the public buses? It sounds like it would really be fun to ride them. It surely is cheaper than a taxi.

Linda

----------------------------------------

Folkstone is a marine park on the west side near Holetown. Rocky beach but good snorkeling. Tables, shade trees and food is available.

You can ride the public busses all over the island. It is an enjoyable way to take a cheap tour and meet the locals.

Here is a link to our Transport Board so you can check out the different spots that they go.

Take a US$.75 tour to our east coast, I guarantee you'll love it!

:)

Barbados,

I pulled up the bus schedule and must admit it looked rather confusing to me. What buses would we take from the cruise ship area to the east coast and what stops should we get off at? On our past cruise we took a tour from the Celebrity cruise ship to the caves and a garden. We did not get to the east coast I do not believe.What do you recommend we do at the east coast?

Thank you for your response. We will be on the Nov. 8th cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale on the Sun Princess.

Linda

thanks for the bus link. We may just ride around in the afternoon and go to the boatyard for the evening. Please tell me what the name of the stop is that's near the cruise terminal so that I can plan a route.

Thanks!

Archived